Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Pre-Sense Plus - Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Is there a specific U.S. published source for this or is there just a lot of guessing?
Source for what question specifically? I'll post an answer based on what information is sent to dealers.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the press release including the features that come with the driver assistance package (for USA). I just browsed quickly and it stays pre-sense plus is part of DAP. Didn't notice anything immediately about traffic sign recognition

https://www.audiusa.com/newsroom/new...ng-for-2017-Q7
Old 04-25-2016, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by jaywagenaar
Here is the press release including the features that come with the driver assistance package (for USA). I just browsed quickly and it stays pre-sense plus is part of DAP. Didn't notice anything immediately about traffic sign recognition
The DAP in the USA definitely includes traffic sign recognition. There is even a dedicated area in the virtual cockpit Vehicle tab that shows what the traffic sign camera sees (photo below). This photo was taken just after I entered the school zone.
Attached Images  
Old 04-25-2016, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
The DAP in the USA definitely includes traffic sign recognition. There is even a dedicated area in the virtual cockpit Vehicle tab that shows what the traffic sign camera sees (photo below). This photo was taken just after I entered the school zone.
Not to belabor the topic or doubt what you are saying but how do you know the displayed signs are camera generated and not nav database generated as speed limit signs have been in previous Audi nav implementations? For example, there are no stop signs generated as someone pointed out earlier or other traffic signs as found in ROW models. What I had asked was a link to some documentation that specifically states sign recognition is included in U.S. models.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Not to belabor the topic or doubt what you are saying but how do you know the displayed signs are camera generated and not nav database generated as speed limit signs have been in previous Audi nav implementations? For example, there are no stop signs generated as someone pointed out earlier or other traffic signs as found in ROW models. What I had asked was a link to some documentation that specifically states sign recognition is included in U.S. models.
According to dealer training material it is, but I can't post it.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well first, it is labeled right there on the dash "Traffic Signs". Second, see the attached US Order guide in the Driver Assistance Package section where it says "Traffic Sign Recognition".
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Order Guide Feb 2016.pdf (68.6 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by RickObe; 04-25-2016 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
Well first, it is labeled right there on the dash "Traffic Signs". Second, see the attached US Order guide in the Driver Assistance Package section where it says "Traffic Sign Recognition".
That's what I was looking for several posts ago. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

In Europe it's a combination of both, nav data and traffic sign recognition, with the latter overriding the first if a sign has been detected. It's also noticeable after a turn when there is no speed limit sign posted/detected yet but the VC/DIS still knows the speed limit.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Today I did a drive through a bunch of construction with temporary 50 mph speed limit signs. The MMI picked them up and displayed them. Clearly these weren't in the database as they were only temporary.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is in the Consumer Reports review.

We like pre sense since it gets you a high-speed forward-collision warning and automatic emergency braking up to approximately 130 mph. A precautionary note: The adaptive cruise control has to be on for this system to work. So it is best to keep the ACC stalk in the On position at all times.

Quick Reply: Pre-Sense Plus - Question