Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Is the q7 a home run for Audi

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan Carrein
Just ordered mine (23rd May), and delivery is due 21st of September. I assume mine is assembled in North America. I looked into many cars, only the XC90 was a close close second. Q7 success probably comes from the fact that if you look for a 2nd generation SUV, many brands are not there yet (X5 etc)
There is no version of the 4M Q7 that is assembled in North America. For now, they are all assembled at the Bratislava, Slovakia factory. Unlike BMW and Mercedes, Audi has yet to move some of their crossover/suv production to North America yet, though the next generation Q5 is to built in a fancy new Mexican factory, but that's not exactly NA.

Minor accessories like roof bar, protective film, tow hitch 7-pin socket, are installed at the destination port, but that's about it as far as North American assembly.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by larryV
There is no version of the 4M Q7 that is assembled in North America. For now, they are all assembled at the Bratislava, Slovakia factory. Unlike BMW and Mercedes, Audi has yet to move some of their crossover/suv production to North America yet, though the next generation Q5 is to built in a fancy new Mexican factory, but that's not exactly NA.

Minor accessories like roof bar, protective film, tow hitch 7-pin socket, are installed at the destination port, but that's about it as far as North American assembly.
Good to know ! thanks
Old 06-04-2016, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

We had the first '17 Q7 special order in our area. Placed the order in November, 15 & received our '17 Q7 Prestige in April. We ordered every option, except the B & O stereo & Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE).

The good news: he Q7 arrived and is absolutely wonderful! Quieter than my'13 S8 and the Bose 3D stereo seems to be actually better then the B & O in the S8. The ride with the air suspension is superb. Seats, interior, lighting is of the highest quality.

The bad news: we ordered the 21" wheels and the car came without them. We ordered the driver assistance package and the car came without the package. It is important to us for safety.

The good news: our dealer gave us a discount to take the car; ordered us a new Q7 and we agreed upon only a slight added cost and get to drive the current Q7 until the new ride arrives in October.

Our dealer went out of his way to make the deal right.

Get the Q7, it is worth it.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought about getting the 21" tires. But after quite a bit of research, I found that a lot of people were unhappy with the tread wear (around 17k mile life) and noisy ride on the gen 1 Q7. Also only a few choices for tires that were very expensive ($350-$450 each). I decided to stick with the 20" wheels.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ronan Carrein
Just ordered mine (23rd May), and delivery is due 21st of September. I assume mine is assembled in North America. I looked into many cars, only the XC90 was a close close second. Q7 success probably comes from the fact that if you look for a 2nd generation SUV, many brands are not there yet (X5 etc)
I assume it is assembled in Slovakia as all other Q7.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferrari27
We had the first '17 Q7 special order in our area. Placed the order in November, 15 & received our '17 Q7 Prestige in April. We ordered every option, except the B & O stereo & Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE).

The good news: he Q7 arrived and is absolutely wonderful! Quieter than my'13 S8 and the Bose 3D stereo seems to be actually better then the B & O in the S8. The ride with the air suspension is superb. Seats, interior, lighting is of the highest quality.

The bad news: we ordered the 21" wheels and the car came without them. We ordered the driver assistance package and the car came without the package. It is important to us for safety.

The good news: our dealer gave us a discount to take the car; ordered us a new Q7 and we agreed upon only a slight added cost and get to drive the current Q7 until the new ride arrives in October.

@Ferrari27 I had similar bad news on my order. In my case the Q7 I ordered was built without Active Suspension and Black Alcantara headliner. Luckily I found this error when I asked my salesperson for the VIN after it was built and was being shipped. My dealer was able to get another build scheduled for me but not until week 32. In my case I can keep driving what I have. Sounds like both of us have great dealers.

This makes at least 3 orders that I know of that have been messed up.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Speaking of special orders.

Chatting with my Audi salesman yesterday, and he told me about a special order Q7 that showed up, and it had the wrong inlays installed. He told his customer they ordered the correct inlays, and would install them upon arrival.

She (new owner) was appalled they weren't shipping her Q7 back to Slovakia for correction, and they had a hard time convincing her their techs were more than capable of making the change here!
Old 06-06-2016, 01:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ferrari27

Wow, almost hoping they forget the engine on mine !
Old 06-06-2016, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

lol!
Old 06-06-2016, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Echoing what larryV said, I spent 5 hours on the floor at the DC Auto show, looking for a replacement for my long in the tooth FX35. With the Q7, it was love at first sight. The Volvo was very nice, but 2nd to the Q7. Everything else - Lexus, M-B, BMW, Acura, even Buick, didn't even inspire me to take a closer look. And a test drive nailed it!

The Q7 is quiet luxury. Solid, built like a tank but handles like a sport sedan. Classy interior, great sound system, bells and whistles galore, and at night the cabin lights up with a stunning display - a knockout. I could easily see myself driving this magnificent car cross country.

Quick Reply: Is the q7 a home run for Audi