Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 Noise In Rear Seat Area

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 10:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any luck getting it resolved? I've been dealing with the same issue. They replaced some things and the sound came back. I'm dealing with this noise and a constant tapping noise from the panoramic roof.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

We had a noise in the rear seat that turned out they had to add felt under the headliner. My local dealer had to call Audi USA for guidance and they provided the directions for the felt installation.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jetmechabq
We had a noise in the rear seat that turned out they had to add felt under the headliner. My local dealer had to call Audi USA for guidance and they provided the directions for the felt installation.
I took mine in and the dealer did that and it made the noise a lot worse. It went from my only hearing it very occasionally to now almost every time I drive. I've got an appointment in a couple weeks for them to look at it again. The other rattle has went away though. I'll have to see if it comes back when warm weather gets here again.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

This has all been helpful. I've got about 7,000 miles on my Prestige, and only noticed a noise recently. It's coming from the far back towards the rear wheel on the driver's side. It goes away at high speeds and doesn't seem to have any connection to cornering. It doesn't occur when the car is idling. Any thoughts?
Old 02-05-2019, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm following up on this in case someone runs a search later. My local Audi service department said the "brace" on the rear, driver's side had gotten a little loose. They tightened it and that solved the problem. They thought the not-so-great road in my town might be the problem. But, I find that hard to believe because all Audis in town would have the same problem and they would have recognized the issue right away instead of needing to spend a few hours troubleshooting it. Regardless, it seems fixed.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,170 Likes on 914 Posts

I have a noise coming from the headliner on the drivers side. A faint clicking / rattling sound only while driving. First thought it was related to the sunroof shade but quickly ruled that out.
If I apply pressure to the headliner right behind the driver sun visor, or directly above the driver front headrest the headliner quiets down. Is the the same experience you had? Looking for tips on the felt procedure for next service appointment.

Originally Posted by MBH2019
I'm following up on this in case someone runs a search later. My local Audi service department said the "brace" on the rear, driver's side had gotten a little loose. They tightened it and that solved the problem. They thought the not-so-great road in my town might be the problem. But, I find that hard to believe because all Audis in town would have the same problem and they would have recognized the issue right away instead of needing to spend a few hours troubleshooting it. Regardless, it seems fixed.
What brace? Is it up above or something down low? Is this associated with the headliner at all? I have definitely nailed the noise to be coming from the roof / headliner and not seats, floor, door cards...
Old 02-11-2019, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I got the impression it was something related to the suspension or the frame. I realized pretty quickly that I should have asked for clarification, but I was so pleased they had solved the problem that I was more focused on when I could pick up my car.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MBH2019
I got the impression it was something related to the suspension or the frame. I realized pretty quickly that I should have asked for clarification, but I was so pleased they had solved the problem that I was more focused on when I could pick up my car.
Interesting.
Mine is definitely coming from the headliner.
I am worried they will have to remove part of it (nearly impossible since it's one piece) and apply some felt and/or padding... I hope to go in for service in a week or two.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Mine is going back for round three next week.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Mine is going back for round three next week.
Damn! Have you determined where the sound is coming from?
I really hope I do not have to go through a cat and mouse game with the dealer where they tell me "cannot reproduce problem".
I may take the service adviser on a quick drive with me when it goes in for service so they acknowledge it.

Quick Reply: Q7 Noise In Rear Seat Area