Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Question about Michelin Wiper Blades from Costco

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Force-1
I have used these blades on my Q7s and S5s over the years. I never liked the way the adapter sticks up too high. Now I just have the dealer replace at the 2-year interval service.
It's amazing you can run them for 2 years. Haven't changed wipers on my Q7 yet but all my previous cars need new wipers after 1 year approximately. No matter if it's OE, Bosch or Trico. We don't even see a lot of rain here in Texas. I guess the extreme heat is an issue .
Old 03-16-2019, 07:40 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanCC
It's amazing you can run them for 2 years. Haven't changed wipers on my Q7 yet but all my previous cars need new wipers after 1 year approximately. No matter if it's OE, Bosch or Trico. We don't even see a lot of rain here in Texas. I guess the extreme heat is an issue .
Probably because:
- It rarely rains here in ABQ. I can go months without using my wipers.
- I alternate my Q7 and S5 to work. Since my vehicles are garaged that means they spend half their life locked up in a garage, out of the elements and sun.

Old 03-17-2019, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Force-1, did the 26" you bought come with the correct piece (the 4th piece pictures above). Twice in a row I got 26" from Costco and they did not have correct adapter pieces. Does anyone here currently use these Michelins on their Q7?
Old 09-13-2019, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi q3 ‘18

First off I’m a girl and not car savvy at all. So I have a 2018 q3, when I bought the wipers from Costco I got the 24” and 21”. I first opened the 24” and it did not come with instructions so I figure it out entirely on my own. You take out the inner part of the michelin wiper I believe it says “b” out then snap on the p5 attachment. I don’t know what it’s called so I’m just gonna call it the stem of the wiper holder on the car, the p5 fits around it. Non of the attachments fits the inside of the stem or wiper holder like the others. I opened the 21” and low and behold the instructions but no p5 attachments so I guess I have to exchange my 21” one. I hope that helps.

[QUOTE=hayde_bre;25287588]I swapped my OEM wiper blades with Trico blades, and it was time to swap them again but since I wasn't too happy with tricos, so picked up a pair of Michelin wiper blades from Costco.
It came with 3 different brackets/adapters and non of them fit our wiper blade arms. Does anyone know if we are supposed to use the piece that came with Trico blades in order to make Michelins work?

I returned them since then but I realized maybe I had discarded something that was already on the arm in order to make it work with Tricos last year, and now I can't use any other blade? If anyone made them work, I can pick them up again, the prices is supposed to drop back to like $6 per blade this week
Old 02-04-2021, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get the Bosch and save the trouble

On my q5, the Michelins get the center wiped, but dont put enough down force on the outside edges, especially in wind driven rain. I also agree with earlier comments in the thread that the Michelin instructions dont translate well and they also seem pretty flimsy. The covers come off pretty easily especially if you have slushy snow.

Do yourself a favor and $$$ and get the Bosch for your Audi the first time out. Unfortunately not available at Costco, as much as i love the Costco!
Old 02-05-2021, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Just a tip to prolong the life of them take rubbing alcohol and clean them every 4-6 months then spray the rubber piece down with silicone in a can and let it dry.