Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Samurai Gray Q7 Just Arrived at USA Dealer - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 08:14 PM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by smacky
It looks nice but Audi really needs to offer some decent options for "standard" colors before going all crazy with the unique shades of gray and silver and other odd colors.

I'm still surprised Galaxy Blue Metallic replaced Ink Blue. Why?
it is about preference and style. My wife and I really like the new Galaxy Blue, but I also totally agree that Audi (and other car makers) have gotten rather dull with the color offerings.
My wife didn’t want black, white, or grey. That didn’t leave much choice.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:47 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiSS
Here is a better picture in bright sun
This pic doesn't show the brownish undertone that the others did, and it definitely looks darker in the sun then the Graphite Gray. I am looking forward to seeing it in person.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

when i was in the market for mine, i really wish that they have the navarra blue or something bright red for the q7 without me paying for the exclusive colors..
Old 02-01-2018, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a better picture in bright sun

I really like this picture. Samurai gray is looking good.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a fan. They need to come up with a better gray.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Ordered one. Nice executive dark gray.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone else received a Samurai Gray Q7 that would be willing to share how it compares to Graphite Gray in terms of what color tones are in the Samurai, how much darker it is, etc. (and ideally provide pictures with both)? Just hoping.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chaybone
Has anyone else received a Samurai Gray Q7 that would be willing to share how it compares to Graphite Gray in terms of what color tones are in the Samurai, how much darker it is, etc. (and ideally provide pictures with both)? Just hoping.
Post #12 has the side by side photos of graphite with Samurai Gray.

Side note... mine completed production on Friday and is suppose to ship out on the 20th from Emden... Come on Viking Conquest!!!
Old 02-11-2018, 03:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Gasser; I actually saw the earlier pictures but was hoping someone else who has received a Samurai Gray shipment could provide more info and pictures. Just curious since I ordered a Samurai Gray that is supposed to arrive in late March or early April.

By the way, how long did it take between when your Q7 "went into Production" and "when it completed Production"? Mine "went into Production" on February 4 and has to come to the East Coast of the United States so I am hoping to learn from your experience whether the estimate I have for late March/early April delivery seems correct. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2018, 08:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chaybone
Thanks Gasser; I actually saw the earlier pictures but was hoping someone else who has received a Samurai Gray shipment could provide more info and pictures. Just curious since I ordered a Samurai Gray that is supposed to arrive in late March or early April.

By the way, how long did it take between when your Q7 "went into Production" and "when it completed Production"? Mine "went into Production" on February 4 and has to come to the East Coast of the United States so I am hoping to learn from your experience whether the estimate I have for late March/early April delivery seems correct. Thanks!
My email communication has been erratic, but according to my schedule it was basically the same week. Production completion was exactly on schedule with my comm check a month ago. My production week was 06/18 and completion 02/09/2018. I am also scheduled to receive my car late march- early april, but I am on the West Coast, so I may be slightly ahead given the additional shipping time. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Quick Reply: Samurai Gray Q7 Just Arrived at USA Dealer - Pics