Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

For those fans of Weathertech floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ad2005
cadx6,

Did you get the mats from weather Tech, now that you have taken delivery of your new Q7.
On April 7th, I was told by WeatherTech: "It looks like they are currently in the Tooling stage so that should be within the next 4 weeks as long as everything goes as planned." So hopefully early next month. I made some temporary ones out of some old indoor/outdoor carpet and taped them down to avoid dirtying up the carpeted ones that came with the car.

BTW, I did get the cargo area mat from WeatherTech and it's very nice. Perfect fit.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
On April 7th, I was told by WeatherTech: "It looks like they are currently in the Tooling stage so that should be within the next 4 weeks as long as everything goes as planned." So hopefully early next month. I made some temporary ones out of some old indoor/outdoor carpet and taped them down to avoid dirtying up the carpeted ones that came with the car.

BTW, I did get the cargo area mat from WeatherTech and it's very nice. Perfect fit.
Mine Q7 delivery is toward end of May, hopefully this will be ready by then.

Do they have a cargo area one that fits when the third row seat up? or one that can be folded when the seats are up?
Old 04-24-2016, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

cadx6,

Did you get the mats from weather Tech, now that you have taken delivery of your new Q7.
As RickObe says - they're still not available, except for the cargo mat (which I usually don't buy).
I'm still waiting to see if they fulfill their promise to e-mail me when they do release them.
I'm not in any real hurry though since I only use them in the winter.
Right now my project is getting a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks mounted on the 20 inch replicas I picked up & storing them away until winter (I believe in planning early )
Attached Images  
Old 04-24-2016, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6
As RickObe says - they're still not available, except for the cargo mat (which I usually don't buy).
I'm still waiting to see if they fulfill their promise to e-mail me when they do release them.
Right now my project is getting a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks mounted on the 20 inch replicas I picked up & storing them away until winter (I believe in planning early )
Those are nice. Have details on the replicas? Are those Hartmann wheel replicas? If so, what offset did you get and have you test fit them to confirm fit and clearance from the front brake caliper?

I have 20" Hartmann replicas on my RS7 as winter set, and it seems they will also fit the Q7 based on the offsets of the Q7's stockers.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by larryV
Those are nice. Have details on the replicas? Are those Hartmann wheel replicas? If so, what offset did you get and have you test fit them to confirm fit and clearance from the front brake caliper?

I have 20" Hartmann replicas on my RS7 as winter set, and it seems they will also fit the Q7 based on the offsets of the Q7's stockers.
They're from a company in Northern California thru eBay. Exact same specs as the 20 inch that currently come standard on the new Q7 (20x9, ET33, 5x112).
Audi changed the new Q7 to a 5x112 bolt pattern from 5x130 which makes a lot more Audi OEM & replicas capable of being used.
When I ordered the tires, we pulled one wheel and test fit the new one - no problems, lots of caliper clearance, etc. Figured they would since they are same as stock but just wanted to make sure. The tire dealer commented that they appear to be very good quality.
First time I've ever gone as far as having dedicated winter & summer tires, but I really liked the 21 inch option and I couldn't see driving on the summer tires for a few months & then discarding them for 21 inch all seasons. The Blizzaks are dedicated winter, so less of a compromise.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by lapi
Mine Q7 delivery is toward end of May, hopefully this will be ready by then.

Do they have a cargo area one that fits when the third row seat up? or one that can be folded when the seats are up?
WeatherTech only has one version of the cargo mat, at least for now. Here are some photos. (Sorry the photo quality is not great.)

1st Photo: Mat laid out with third row down. Note that they provide a place for the user to cut out for access to the tie down hooks. I have the rear ones cut out in this photo, but not the front. The fit is perfect.

2nd Photo: Third row up. Cargo mat folds over (even though not meant to be folded). Note that it partially covers the latch area. I would not close the lid with it like this.

3rd Photo: You can roll it under to allow closing of the lid. It will not stand straight up behind the third row by itself.

4th Photo: If you put some cargo under it, that will also hold it up to allow closing of the lid. If you did it this way frequently, you could probably rig up some kind of clips to hold it against the back of the third row seats.
Attached Images     
Old 04-25-2016, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

WeatherTech only has one version of the cargo mat, at least for now. Here are some photos. (Sorry the photo quality is not great.)

1st Photo: Mat laid out with third row down. Note that they provide a place for the user to cut out for access to the tie down hooks. I have the rear ones cut out in this photo, but not the front. The fit is perfect.

2nd Photo: Third row up. Cargo mat folds over (even though not meant to be folded). Note that it partially covers the latch area. I would not close the lid with it like this.

3rd Photo: You can roll it under to allow closing of the lid. It will not stand straight up behind the third row by itself.

4th Photo: If you put some cargo under it, that will also hold it up to allow closing of the lid. If you did it this way frequently, you could probably rig up some kind of clips to hold it against the back of the third row seats.
Thank you very much for those pictures, you perfectly explained it as well.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6
nice replicas cadx6!
Old 04-26-2016, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

nice replicas cadx6!
Thanks - looking forward to seeing them on the car but I have to wait until at least November . Having the tires mounted Thursday & then they go into the dark hole at the tire dealer.
After I received them I discovered that they are exactly like the 21 inch OEMs that came on the car, except they're 20 inch with polished face & dark grey painted accent.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will look into it in June.

Quick Reply: For those fans of Weathertech floor mats