Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Took delivery of my SQ7 - initial thoughts!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Did you order the SQ7 with the sport suspension?
Old 07-14-2020, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by samps
Flat bottom is available in Canada. Apparently even when it wasn’t listed on the website you could order via dealer. On Audi.ca you can select a flat bottom wheel.
Sorry, you was correct. I was meaning the USA
Old 07-28-2020, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SQ7 driving impressions a few weeks in

so 1,000 miles later, I love this car. Seats are still not as amazing / comfortable as the Q7 / Q8 prestige I had prior but maybe they still need more "breaking in". I remain optimistic.
The sound on this car is really nice. On a cold start, its really throaty and loud (even woke up my sleeping daughter in her room yesterday AM!). Driving at speed, just highway cruising, there is a low rumble that lets you know what is lurking underneath. Reminds me of a boat and the engine noise you hear - not a complaint, just an observation.
From a stand-still and at slow speeds, you really feel the torque and power this car has. When I mash the throttle, It brings a smile to my face. Every. Single. Time
Gas mileage is ehh - i don't know what I was expecting but with my first 2 fill-ups (plus full tank at delivery), i am getting about 380 miles to a trip with a gallon or two left. So definitely not as good as the previous cars, but what do i really expect with a beast with this much power?
No one has noticed the car - i kept the same grey family color (had samurai on my q8), and now Daytona Grey on this, and people not paying attention don't notice the new car. That's a positive for me. Kind of the reason why I have an Audi - very stealthy cars overall. The front fascia is identical to the Q8 so I suspect thats part of the reason and the color helps keep it very under the radar. I kind of regret not getting the Navarra Blue but with the red seats, didn't want an homage to Superman.
Fit and finish are as good as ever - typical Audi.
Road presence and handling are terrific. I can't imagine taking an exit ramp at aggressive high speeds or doing an autocross course with this car, but the car exudes confidence on the road.

I still stand by my feeling that it is worth the extra 12 k from a loaded Q7 - but thats probably because I am a degenerate.

Stay well!
The following 2 users liked this post by Ericlterps:
dohturdima (07-28-2020), MoInEd (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for the update!

Excited for mine. It is currently at the Houston port awaiting inspection/customs or whatever it is they do there before transport to my dealer.

Quick question, I didn't see it as an option when I placed my order, but did your SQ7 come with roof bars standard? If not, I assume I could probably use the roof bars from our '17 Q7 on the SQ7.