Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

VCDS mods on 2017 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 11:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dhc8guru
Anyone try coding Video in motion? My friend did it in his Q5. Just wondering if anyone has tried it on the new Q7.
My Q7 has Video in Motion, but it was done not by coding, but by installing an interface/equipment. It took lees than half an hour to have it done.

See a quick video below:

https://vimeo.com/171349575
Old 06-22-2016, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

And of course I want the details
Old 07-04-2016, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by martin23
Ill try and take some tonight and upload them.
Hey Martin

Any chance you can share any of this info?

Cheers

Andy
Old 07-05-2016, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

does anyone know how I could get the code for the car that allows you to access the locked parts of the ECU . some sections in vcds ask for a code
Old 07-05-2016, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by bootnet
does anyone know how I could get the code for the car that allows you to access the locked parts of the ECU . some sections in vcds ask for a code
the code is different for each controller and for some controllers there are different codes depending on what needs to be changed. You have to be a little more specific to get an answer, assuming the code is publicly known.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey guys i'm new to the forum and was hoping you can give me a hand or at least direct me to the proper place.

I picked up couple of months ago 2017 Q7 here in Canada and wanted to do some coding for it, to be more specific:
- deactivate seat belt chime
- needle sweep
- show gears in HUD
- activating/enabling Audi Connect/SIM Card functionality (we in canada have that option for now disabled based on my understand, as inserting a sim card into the car does nothing).
- enabling VIM
- and any other coding that can be useful.

I have purchased HEX-NET from Ross-Tech and just got it today, however i'm newbie in that and not sure what i'm doing or how to code it properly without damaging the car.

can someone help me out with instructions or point me to a page that would have instructions and maybe show how to code (including what a specific coding does and step by step procedure on how to do it.)

P.S. so far i connected to the car using WiFi infrastructure connection and used my android phone to connect to VCDS Mobile app. but since it was all new to me and confusing i decided to stop and ask for help

TIA

Felix
Old 07-08-2016, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by flex2016
Hey guys i'm new to the forum and was hoping you can give me a hand or at least direct me to the proper place.

I picked up couple of months ago 2017 Q7 here in Canada and wanted to do some coding for it, to be more specific:
- needle sweep
- show gears in HUD
- activating/enabling Audi Connect/SIM Card functionality (we in canada have that option for now disabled based on my understand, as inserting a sim card into the car does nothing).
- enabling VIM

I have purchased HEX-NET from Ross-Tech and just got it today, however i'm newbie in that and not sure what i'm doing or how to code it properly without damaging the car.

can someone help me out with instructions or point me to a page that would have instructions and maybe show how to code (including what a specific coding does and step by step procedure on how to do it.)

P.S. so far i connected to the car using WiFi infrastructure connection and used my android phone to connect to VCDS Mobile app. but since it was all new to me and confusing i decided to stop and ask for help

TIA

Felix
Have you checked out the below link to start with?
Ross-Tech: HEX-NET Interface
Old 07-08-2016, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I watched the getting started Video, which explained between AP and Infrastructure Mode. there is nothing else on that page beside a link to the forum. which I'm on now but again it all confusing to me as there are way too much information to grab. i'm looking for a starting point possible or directly instructions for what i'm looking to do

Felix
Old 07-08-2016, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

P.S. i'm also doing update right now to the HEX-NET using the usb cable and 16.6 VCDS Beta version (it says that i need rod data update, so i'm updating it.)

i assumed that i need to do so, as i understood my car can only communicate right now with 16.6 version
Old 07-08-2016, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by flex2016

- needle sweep
- show gears in HUD
- enabling VIM

TIA

Felix
Some of the changes are listed at https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...weaks-2898879/, even though they are for the A4 B9 they should also work on the Q7 4M.

For seatbelt chime google the coding for the A6 4G/C7, that might work. VIM is only possible with VCP right now, not with VCDS. Gears in HUD are not documented yet for either.

I general I would recommend a Windows computer (or Bootcamp on a Mac) with the USB cable and the full version of VCDS. VCDS mobile is confusing at its current state and the wireless connection is sometimes tricky.

Quick Reply: VCDS mods on 2017 Q7