Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Video of Audi porter stealing from my Q

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul Collurafici
I thought it would block my view but it's really small. I leave the screen on but you can switch for dual inside outside, only outside, only inside or just shut it off. Before you ask, yes the screen was on and she was able to watch herself steal the whole time lol.

Part of me thinks this was her cry for help. She knew what she was doing and was just looking to get caught for her kleptomania.

She's an idiot, but not that big of an idiot to watch herself steal in real-time.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Polonium1
She was expecting it to be forward facing camera. She was not expecting a rear facing camera.
Dude, if I saw any sort of electronic device planted in clear view, I'd be sure not to touch a thing in that car. Some people are plain stupid.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I thought it would block my view but it's really small. I leave the screen on but you can switch for dual inside outside, only outside, only inside or just shut it off. Before you ask, yes the screen was on and she was able to watch herself steal the whole time lol.
LOL - maybe she thought it was a second mirror.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:13 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

WOW, what a fool... And then to read that the display was on the whole time and she could see herself is just ridiculous. I guess you just "can't fix stupid". I can only imagine how many other customers have been victims of hers, and IME where there is one doing this there are probably others. That dealer needs to clean house ASAP including the parts manager..

Thanks for posting the link to the dash cam, I'll have to wait for the android version but I have a question.. How close to the vehicle do you need to be in order to check on it in real time as you did with the porter?
Old 06-12-2018, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
WOW, what a fool... And then to read that the display was on the whole time and she could see herself is just ridiculous. I guess you just "can't fix stupid". I can only imagine how many other customers have been victims of hers, and IME where there is one doing this there are probably others. That dealer needs to clean house ASAP including the parts manager..

Thanks for posting the link to the dash cam, I'll have to wait for the android version but I have a question.. How close to the vehicle do you need to be in order to check on it in real time as you did with the porter?
In order to check into the camera you need to be on the planet. LOL
It has it's own LTE connection so you can look in or talk from anywhere there is cell reception on both ends. Not WIFI, but cell. I have never not been able to look in from anywhere. I know it's intrusive, but it's great for when your kids have the car too...
Old 06-12-2018, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OK, That's enough talk about the Owl Camera. Let's talk about Hoffman Estates Audi.
Today I called to see if my parts were in. I was told that the parts will not be ordered and that the dealer plans on doing NOTHING about what happened at their dealership on Thursday. Real nice. I'll include the clip I was saving about the parts MANAGER telling me to fck off. You can hear that part clearly. Because we were not inside the car at the time the sound is very poor and will need some narration. Here it is:

The service manager was inside my car watching in disbelief the video if the girl stealing for the tenth time. I reached in for my cigarettes because I was a little stressed and wanted a smoke. I walked back to the rear of the Q and lit one up. From across the service department out comes the parts manager who was just talking to the girl who stole my money. He sees me light up my cigarette and yells across the room that there is no smoking in here. You can see me take a few steps back so I was now outside in the parking lot. The parts manager yells again "there's no smoking anywhere on the premises!". I flicked my smoke away and walked back inside. I said "maybe you should keep as good an eye on your employees as you do your customers". You can not hear any of this, sorry. So the parts manager walks past me and out to the parking lot, turns to look at me and shouts "FCK YOU!" This you can clearly hear him say. Then he approaches me all mad with his chest puffed out like he was going to intimidate me. The service manage jumps out and tells the parts manager that he does not know what is going on and that he should just stay out of it. But the parts manager decides to call me a liar and tell me that his people do not steal. Then you can hear me tell him that I have it on video.

Thanks again Hoffman Estates Audi. Now I need to either drive 50 miles to find another dealer or trade in the Q and get something different. I hear the new Cayenne is looking good...

For everyone that said that I should go to corporate, I did this morning. There's another joke. Audi Corporate told me that dealers are independent of the Audi Brand and that they at sorry but there is nothing that they can do. They suggested I go to a different dealer. Real nice huh? I asked to get a call back from someone higher up than the person I was talking to. They said they would try. Oh, here's the video of the parts manager telling me to fck off:

Old 06-12-2018, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

some story. But trading in your Q because of that Jerk off? That's silly. If you like the car just keep it. How often do you go to the dealer anyway? Porsche is not the answer. lol
Old 06-12-2018, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks again Hoffman Estates Audi. Now I need to either drive 50 miles to find another dealer or trade in the Q and get something different. I hear the new Cayenne is looking good...
The girl is not honest, did not get a good upbringing and to ice the cake is stupid. I pity her.
As my grandma's saying was - don't touch sh...t - it won't stink. So, I'd choose not touching it. But you went differently about it. After all bridges were burnt I'd not trust this dealer to touch my car ever again, so moving on is not too bad an idea.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

OK, That's enough talk about the Owl Camera. Let's talk about Hoffman Estates Audi.
Today I called to see if my parts were in. I was told that the parts will not be ordered and that the dealer plans on doing NOTHING about what happened at their dealership on Thursday. Real nice. I'll include the clip I was saving about the parts MANAGER telling me to fck off. You can hear that part clearly. Because we were not inside the car at the time the sound is very poor and will need some narration. Here it is:

The service manager was inside my car watching in disbelief the video if the girl stealing for the tenth time. I reached in for my cigarettes because I was a little stressed and wanted a smoke. I walked back to the rear of the Q and lit one up. From across the service department out comes the parts manager who was just talking to the girl who stole my money. He sees me light up my cigarette and yells across the room that there is no smoking in here. You can see me take a few steps back so I was now outside in the parking lot. The parts manager yells again "there's no smoking anywhere on the premises!". I flicked my smoke away and walked back inside. I said "maybe you should keep as good an eye on your employees as you do your customers". You can not hear any of this, sorry. So the parts manager walks past me and out to the parking lot, turns to look at me and shouts "FCK YOU!" This you can clearly hear him say. Then he approaches me all mad with his chest puffed out like he was going to intimidate me. The service manage jumps out and tells the parts manager that he does not know what is going on and that he should just stay out of it. But the parts manager decides to call me a liar and tell me that his people do not steal. Then you can hear me tell him that I have it on video.

For everyone that said that I should go to corporate, I did this morning. There's another joke. Audi Corporate told me that dealers are independent of the Audi Brand and that they at sorry but there is nothing that they can do. They suggested I go to a different dealer. Real nice huh? I asked to get a call back from someone higher up than the person I was talking to. They said they would try. Oh, here's the video of the parts manager telling me to fck off:

https://youtu.be/Usu-HnBvKgk
I'd take it to a local TV news outlet that does Consumer Protection/Investigative pieces like "7 on Your Side":

Need a story investigated? Contact the ABC7 I-Team | abc7chicago.com
Old 06-12-2018, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jon63
I'd take it to a local TV news outlet that does Consumer Protection/Investigative pieces like "7 on Your Side":

Need a story investigated? Contact the ABC7 I-Team abc7chicago.com

Not a bad idea. I see so many reports like this on local news where they investigate shady businesses. Lot of rich folks in Hoffman Estates and North Chicago so for a dealership in a rich area to have a bad rap for thieving porters, rude managers, and over crap service, that's going to hurt.

Seeing that manager get defensive makes me wonder if he's their pimp and they're just doing the bidding for him. There's defending your employees and then there's getting aggressive at the mere mention of wrongdoing by your employees.

I'm glad we went 20+ miles in the opposite direction for our car. This dealership was nothing special but they certainly weren't like this.

Quick Reply: Video of Audi porter stealing from my Q