Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

What mode is your instrument cluster in and why?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Normally keep mines big with drive assistance displayed. I like the info that displayed there. flip to nave for navigating and looking at traffic ahead
Old 11-15-2017, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RJC 1
Unreal, wonder why? Programming omission or still capable?
It's just a minor "update" in the software. My 2017 Q7 & 2018 Q5 have exactly the same technology & options but obviously they have different software versions & I've noticed several minor differences in the way things behave.
Now if Audi would just allow software version updates without having to prove that it's the only way to fix a problem . Maybe one of our OBDEleven Gurus can do a deep dive into the app & see if they can find a "switch". I can use the thing, but I'm not a programmer & I'm kind of paranoid - I like to let someone else be the guinea pig .

Last edited by Cadx6; 11-15-2017 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6
It's just a minor "update" in the software. My 2017 Q7 & 2018 Q5 have exactly the same technology & options but obviously they have different software versions & I've noticed several minor differences in the way things behave.
Now if Audi would just allow software version updates without having to prove that it's the only way to fix a problem . Maybe one of our OBDEleven Gurus can do a deep dive into the app & see if they can find a "switch". I can use the thing, but I'm not a programmer & I'm kind of paranoid - I like to let someone else be the guinea pig .
Thanks for the info.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gsobol
I can confirm that mine (MY2018) VC and center screen stay on the screens that were active at the time of shutdown. What that means is that if I keep music listing on VC and GPS on center when I turn off the vehicle (for the night), it comes back like that when I go to turn it on in the morning. However, not sure if VC maintains small gauges view (will check that), and not sure if center remembers the exact screen it was shutdown on (i.e. settings, destination input, etc.) will verify later.
Thanks, I would like to save the map view w/small gauges in the instr cluster after shutdown.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Thanks, I would like to save the map view w/small gauges in the instr cluster after shutdown.
Funny, I just checked it and when you have small gauges active, it doesn't matter which other view you have (music, phone, etc.) on shutdown, it will always come up with the map view on startup (and small gauges, so there's that).
Old 11-15-2017, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Funny, I just checked it and when you have small gauges active, it doesn't matter which other view you have (music, phone, etc.) on shutdown, it will always come up with the map view on startup (and small gauges, so there's that).
Mine does not do this...wish t did. What is your production date? Had mine in for service about 4 mos ago and got the latest software updates.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Mine does not do this...wish t did. What is your production date? Had mine in for service about 4 mos ago and got the latest software updates.
Production week 2217.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Production week 2217.
That explains why yours is different from mine (6/16 production), but I was told the newer software updates would work on my production month and newer...hmm
Old 11-16-2017, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I keep mine with the navi showing and the speedo/tach smaller, and use the pop up screen for music info.
Same here.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

On my MY17, the small gauges in the main screen stay small but it always resets to the vehicle info screen (the one where the tab is all to the left). However, the center screen remembers its latest setting and stays there (i.e. music).

Quick Reply: What mode is your instrument cluster in and why?