Ok I am really starting to get annoyed with Autosport Werks. (Long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok I am really starting to get annoyed with Autosport Werks. (Long)

I had my car towed down to Autosport Werks a week ago yesterday and I still have yet to hear forsure what is wrong with it. Not to mention a quote to do the work. First, they told me they would call me when my car arrived after being towed buuuuttt they never did. I thought ok no big deal. The tow truck driver called me and told me it was there anyway. Then I called them two days after it had been there and they tell me they "think" the thermostat stuck and that is what caused it to overheat. They also tell me they "think" the overheating caused one of the pistons to be damnaged aswell. I think to my self "well thats what I think too but how about you look at my car and tell me whats wrong not just what you think, we could do that over the phone." I thought ok this sucks but at least maby they will finaly get started with the car now. They tell me they will call me back with a quote that day or tomorrow and I say great. Three days pass and still no word from ASW. So, I decide to go down there and talk to them in person. I get there and they are all out to lunch and the only guy there doesn't even have a clue about what is going on. So, I wait for them to get back from lunch and get a chance to talk with somone. He tells me exactly what he did on the phone four days ago and that they still need to take a better look at it. I honestly am not even sure if they have even looked at the car at all anymore. When I got there my car was coverd in snow and looked like it hadn't moved since the tow truck droped it off. Not to mention he still didn't have the quote he said he would give me four days ago. He tells me he will call me monday (another three days) with a quote. Guess what happens next? Monday comes around and still no call. So, I decide to call them and they tell me the guy I talked to wasn't even in that day. I mean come on if your not going to even be in to work why tell me you will call me? Anyway, today at 1:00pm I still had not herd from him so I decided to call them again. He picks up the phone and tells me that he has a quote sitting in front of him for how long it will take in hours but still needs to draw up a dollar figure and that he will call me back later today. Well they closed an hour ago and I didn't get the call he once again told me he would give me with the quote. WHY TELL ME YOU ARE GOING TO CALL ME IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO?!

I mean I have been there plenty of times before and they where always great about getting the work done pretty quick. They were also great about returning my phone calls and calling me when they told me they will in the past. This is just so out of character for them based on my past experiences.

I am starting to think I sould have/sould just towed/tow my car to Champain Motors. Maby they could actually look at the car within a week...

Do you think I am over reacting or beign unreasonable? I mean I think it is fair to expect a call when they tell me they will give me one, to expect them to at least be able to tell me everything that it wrong with my car, and not just tell me what they think within a week. I mean this is going to be a HUGE $$$$ project and they seem like they could car less.

Your thoughts?

*end of vent
Old 05-04-2004, 05:01 PM
Pat
AudiWorld Super User

Damn. Sorry to hear that. I'll tell ya though, you've been more patient than I would've been.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Call them tomorrow morning and tell them exactly what you just told us.

If you just keep accepting their excuses, they'll just keep making 'em up.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:56 PM

Default Yeah I know. I am going to call them tomorrow and if they can't tell me everything I want to know

the car will be towed to Champain the second I hang up the phone.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I agree. 100% sure they'll give you an excuse like, "we've been swamped with work"

while they might not know it, I think they're losing customers.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default it shouldn't be this way, but if they don't know you have an issue

they won't know to help you. You're giving them business, get the service you pay for.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Expert

that's some bs. Gotta love teh run around. I know how that is
Old 05-04-2004, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Damn. Sorry to hear that. I'll tell ya though, you've been more patient than I would've been.

No kidding, I am pretty sure I would have blown up by now, or had the car towed to a different place for service. That is BS

Jonathan
Old 05-04-2004, 07:51 PM
BSW
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default then I find the coupons I just got in the mail to be extra ironic.

coupons for autosportwerks "Welcome Back, Yes Cal Parker (like I know who he is)has returned to autosportwerks" blah blah blah...

If they are looking for business, shouldn't they have plenty of time to work on your car? don't they now have an extra (I assume to be reputable person) to be able to get to these thing sooner?

I'd have it towed first thing in the morning, even if it costs you a couple of bucks to do it.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

The best thing you can do is post stories like this...Business will suffer for those who abuse

Quick Reply: Ok I am really starting to get annoyed with Autosport Werks. (Long)