Update on Neilm's condition - Just got back from visiting at the hospital during lunch

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on Neilm's condition - Just got back from visiting at the hospital during lunch

As I stated before, I printed the <a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/rockymtn/msgs/103269.phtml">big thread</a> from the Rocky Mountain forum on Friday at 3pm mountain time (so 5 eastern). Totaled 30 pages.

The response from Neil and his wife (Ginger or G):
First of all: WOW! Neil and I just finished reading a 30 page print out of a thread on audiworld. Thank you all for your wishes for a speedy recovery, warm humor and sincerity. I can't even begin to add up the number of phone
calls and messages received over the last couple of days. The offers to help are incredible. We are definitely not alone. Thank you everyone.

Update as of 1pm mountain time on Tuesday.

Neil had a setback on Monday night. Apparently some fluid got around his left lung, the one that collapsed. This was causing him major difficulty to breath. And initially, they (Neil and G) thought it might be cardiac arrest or a blood clot or something to that level. So the past 12 hours have been pretty rough for him.
Outside of that, he is doing very well. His ribs (6 of which were broken) are causing him the most pain. His left shoulder (broke the shoulder blade) is basically immobile, but he can move and use his left arm below the elbow. Pelvis is on the mend as well.
Heck he was craving some Cafe Rio for lunch, which is a good sign of normality.

He will be undergoing surgery again this afternoon to take care of the fluid around his lungs. The hope was that he could go home by tomorrow (Wed) but with the lung issue it might be delayed a day. Or if things go very well, he might still go home by Wed.

Spirits are definitely very high, for both him and his wife. Mentally and personality wise, no changes from before the accident. Docs are thinking he'll make a full recovery, which will start with him being wheel chair bound for 6-8 weeks and then starting to walk again.

So don't be surprised if he is on AWOT more often as he won't have much to do.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update. Sounds painful
Old 09-11-2007, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It was, I was there when it started. Feel so helpless but Ginger is good for him.

I have a lot of xbox playing to do with Neil while he gets better!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

scary stuff. glad to hear the DR's think he will be 100% again!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yeah they mentioned you were there right as it started

and both of them seriously and genuinely thought he was going to die last night, for different reasons though. Neil thought he was having a cardiac arrest. G thought it was a blood clot that got into his lung.