RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

Little help from the RS6 folks...looking to purchase my own.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little help from the RS6 folks...looking to purchase my own.

Looking at an RS6 w/ 57K.

The car is CPO until July 09. I also have the option to get the Audi Pure warranty for 2,3 or 4 years. I assume you guys would recommend this? Is there anything the Pure doesn't cover? I assume maintenance items like brakes, tires, and scheduled maintenances are not covered.

Also, trying to find out if the 35k mile service was done. The car has stamps for 25,45, and 55k services, but no 35. Should I assume the timing belt was done since the car was cpo'd right around then?

Thanks for any help you guys can give or anything I should be looking out for.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Little help from the RS6 folks...looking to purchase my own.

Also forgot to mention, transmission and alternator were just replaced.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Obtain the longest and widest warranty protection available while u can..

You can actually proceed now to obtain a secondary warranty that will become effective after the current warranty runs out. This is a real consideration as a lot of warranty companies will no longer cover the RS6 and others may certainly follow suit. Bruce M that regularly posts on this forum, can provide you a lot more info and I'll be happy to provide you his contact info upon request.

The car is a blast. Search through this forum as it has a wealth of information about the car.

The biggest issue is the DRC (I am going 3rd party next time the DRC craps out), and that the engine has to be pulled for a lot of different regular type maintenance items such as a starter, O2 sensors, etc.

A lot of us have developed a WTEIO (While the engine is out) list to put in new parts for preventive purposes once the engine does have to be pulled. It really isn't the cost of the parts as much as the labor involved to install the part when the engine has to be pulled.

Good luck on the hunt!
Old 11-15-2008, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Obtain the longest and widest warranty protection available while u can..

Thanks. Supposedly I can get a 4 year 48k miles audi pure warranty. I was told this would start when I purchased the car, not when the cpo is up in july....is that true?

Seems like you guys have a hard time getting the DRC under warranty? Not too familiar with the system, what goes out? Seals?
Old 11-15-2008, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Obtain the longest and widest warranty protection available while u can..

All good questions. Read lots of past posts here and on RS6.com.

I assume your buying this from an Audi dealer. If so, then you must buy the Audi/Fidelity/Pure one as you call it...warranty. Very good coverage for this car and all Audi dealers will accept. Get the 4/48 Gold Plus plan and dont worry about it. Gold Plus covers all the sensors that would need an engine R&R to replace. Ie the O2 sensors, ect...

That is the plan I have. Gold plus 6/72k. Love the car and enjoy.

Verify that the DRC is not leaking at this moment and buy the car if you like it.

DRC can be dealt with. Dont worry about it.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:30 PM

Here is what I was quoted..I think for platinum... 2/24k - $2150, 3/36k - $2700, 4/48k - $3575. I do love the car of course. Avus and black w/ cf trim, se exhaust.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:32 AM

Default I would go for 4/48 (+ don't forget PP contract expires at end of year)

I'm still kicking myself for saving a few bucks by getting five years of coverage instead of six on my platinum Pure Protection Plan. Now it runs out 12/31 instead of a year later. If you plan to keep the car a while, longer is better. If you think you'll eventually sell it to an individual, the same applies. IMO longer coverage is a waste of money only if you end up trading to a dealer within a year or two. But the prices look good, especially since Pure Protction covered my $4200 DRC fix last Spring (after some prodding about the need for a central accumulator valve).

Which reminds me: My Pure Protection coverage ends as the year ends, not on the contract purchase anniversary date. So be sure to check or ask about your contract's specific expiration date before signing.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default all is said above, longest coverage best. sounds like the car has had overhauls that will

give you more years of good service. original transmissions were not that great, my replacement has been fine. Dealer should be able to look up the 35K service but it must have been done. Also look over or have inspected the front suspension for all the control arm bushings. I have replaced everything in my front end around the mileage this car you are looking at has. Its covered anyway under warranty but worth looking it over before you just turn around and bring it back in. If there is any clunking over slow changes in grade like a driveway entry while tuning. Links, stabilizer bar, and control arms can all have bushings go.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:29 PM

Default 2nd that Mark...

Mine is at ~ 58k and I just had a ton of control arm work done and they pulled the engine for a bad exhaust gas temperature sensor. $50 - thank God for CPO!
Old 11-16-2008, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

<one more part just added to 75K service>

Quick Reply: Little help from the RS6 folks...looking to purchase my own.