RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

CA: Best Approach to Bodywork on 2016 RS7?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CA: Best Approach to Bodywork on 2016 RS7?

Hey guys. We just moved into a new place with very narrow streets and my neighbor from across the street did some significant damage to the front driver's side of my RS7 when she backed into our driveway and then attempted to pull out.

I haven't had to get a car fixed in over 20 years so I have a somewhat limited understanding of where to take the RS7 for reliable, quality bodywork. I'm in Los Angeles county near Pasadena and can look some places up but wanted to know if anyone has any tips on finding a place that's the best fit for an Audi for body work, etc.? We share the same insurance company and they've taken full responsibility for the accident. They've provided me with their network of repair facilities but any thoughts or tips would be totally appreciated.

Thank you!

P.S. No making fun of how dirty my rim is!

Old 02-19-2020, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Man, that is going to turn into a big $$$ repair.

Generally, I use the body shop that's affiliated with our Audi dealer. Have had top notch results with that strategy. And they offer a guarantee that means something.

Welcome aboard, Kip !!
Old 02-20-2020, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

Your Audi dealer can tell you the best Audi Certified shop near you. I would guess that the repair bill will be north of $15K to get that properly repaired.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sterling Collision Center in Tustin is Audi certified and did an amazing job on my car. I know it would be a little farther away for you but it may be worth it.

My '17 RS7 was peppered with debris on the 91 frwy and then someone hit it in the rear and just left the scene. The front and rear carbon fiber ground effects were ruined, the left rear tail light was ruined, the bumper cover was ruined, and there was not 1 panel, hood, door etc that did not get scratched from the debris.

The cost was 32k but about 12k of that was the carbon fiber. And believe my, they did not just tape everything off and start spraying, They took car apart and painted it properly. There is not one flaw in the paint.

I was only there twice, once to drop off the car and once to pick it up. They had Rolls Royce, McLaren, Bently etc in the shop.

It did take a nearly 3 months but it was well worth it.