RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

After 5 days in SoBe for WMC, saw every imaginable car other than...you guessed it!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After 5 days in SoBe for WMC, saw every imaginable car other than...you guessed it!

An RS4!

I am not even counting M3s and C63s, those are being frawned upon by vallets at the Mondrian and Delano ;-o) But seriously, saw some wicked rides, including a SL65 Black Series (which I thought comes later in the yr), Alfa 8C Competizione (ditto), Carrera GT in Matte Black, Novitec Rosso F430 Scuderia, and of course a myriad of 'plane Jane' F430s, Murcis, Gallardos, Benteys, etc. But no RS4, sedan nor cab. Granted, it may not fit the non-all weather needs of the avg Miami resident, but still a bit surprised not to see at least a 'vert. So the RS4 def seemed more exclusive than the plethora of exotics on display.

Had my friend's B7 S4 Avant whip for the weekend, not bad at all. I think the V8 roar will be missed in the V6T B8 S4 (and the Avant all together for our shores)...
Old 03-30-2009, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I wanted to go to WMC soooooooo bad. Stupid work raining on my fun. The number of high end cars down there is insane.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by AofC_RR
I wanted to go to WMC soooooooo bad. Stupid work raining on my fun. The number of high end cars down there is insane.
Not to make you feel any worse, but this yr was pretty epic, IMO better than prior yrs. I guess in this environment people desperately need a reason to let loose. Great DJs, great venues, great atmosphere... I can tell you this though - there is def no sign of recession down there at least for a week like this!!!

Yes, I was caught too often in the dilemma of which exotic models I rubber neck after - those made of steel or skin? WMC ends up bringing the best talent, hands down...
Old 03-30-2009, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Big vinyl wrapping business down there in Aventura/Ft Lauderdale...surprised there weren't more matte black cars around sobe. The Conti GT is named the Beverly Hills Camaro, I wonder what the most common exotic is down there? Probably the same...conti GT...or the SL65AMGs, which I strain to call exotic. Nice find on the black edition though; only seen one of them out here in LA. It's the only version that looks good in its current skin imho.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by greatwhiteshark
Big vinyl wrapping business down there in Aventura/Ft Lauderdale...surprised there weren't more matte black cars around sobe. The Conti GT is named the Beverly Hills Camaro, I wonder what the most common exotic is down there? Probably the same...conti GT...or the SL65AMGs, which I strain to call exotic. Nice find on the black edition though; only seen one of them out here in LA. It's the only version that looks good in its current skin imho.
I had a chance to examine the matte Carrera GT as it was parked in front of the Fontainebleau - it was def vinyl wrapped. You could see some nicks on the wraping around some of the edges/creases, especially where the door was from the constant ingress/egress.

Indeed, was Bentley-galore, most with chrome oversized rims which brought feelings of nausea... Probably the most seen 'exotic' was the Aston, generally Vantages ('verts mostly), and DB9s. But still a plethora of 430s, Gallardos, and GT Contis
Old 03-31-2009, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Exotics in SoBe are a dime a dozen. Saw 23 bentleys in 4 days there once.....

I always wondered....what if you took a top-of-the line Honda Accord, debadged it, put a high-end grill and some nice wheels, whether or not it would draw attention. People wouldn't know what it was. Honestly, an Accord is a rarer site than a Bentley or Ferrari.

FWIW, I only saw one RS4 when I was there last year. My exotic car of choice is still an Aston Martin. That will always be a rare bird.

Last edited by Vijay; 03-31-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was down there with mine. It was parked out in front of the Versace Mansion on Friday night, but they wouldnt let me keep it up there! Had them bring it back out front all day Saturday. As usual, many, many compliments!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyLeads
I was down there with mine. It was parked out in front of the Versace Mansion on Friday night, but they wouldnt let me keep it up there! Had them bring it back out front all day Saturday. As usual, many, many compliments!
I guess I missed it, wasn't waiting outside to spot Donatella! LOL

The RS4 is worthy of being displayed there all night and day - you should have insisted on them not moving it at night! ;-o)