RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Audi Customer Support/Satisfaction SEVERELY Lacking!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 10:52 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

sheep....lmao!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about 'sheeple'? Which is a term I use a lot out here in stalag Kalifornia.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:21 PM
ASQ
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I was going to say exactly the same thing. You can NEVER match a plastic bumper to the rest of...

the car but it can come close depending on color.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:32 PM
JMG
AudiWorld Member

Default You can match it, anything can be matched with the knowledge to know how...

If you think plastic to metal is hard, you should see how hard it is to go from plastic to a different base type of plastic, because that isn't a cover, its a change in composition. I've seen it take months of samples to get it right.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:26 AM

Default A good paint shop will tell you the same.. MB/BMW/VW/Porsche.. all have this going on.

You have a 50/50 chance that the new paint will be worse. It all comes down to tree huggers and the removal of chemicals in the paint.

So go blame them :-)
Old 07-26-2008, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Exactly......

German paint regulations lead to different materials having ever-so-slight variations in hue. More noticeable with some colors than others. Black is the safest bet.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:49 AM

Default I feel your pain, but...

Don't get me wrong. I understand the need to vent. And I agree that Audi customer support is lacking in regard to several issues, particularly the DRC issue. I agree that it is extremely poor customer service for an Audi rep to to turn his back on a complaining customer and walk away with "no sorry, no nice meeting you, nothing."

I also agree that an unsightly color difference between the bumpers and the rest of the car is "unacceptable," especially on an expensive and special luxury car like the RS4. But if it was easily correctable, Audi would not still be producing cars with this paint difference. As some have alluded to in this thread, the bumper being plastic makes it notoriously difficult to match the body perfectly. This is also my understanding.

Now to play devil's advocate. Look at it from this point of view. You are upset because the paint on your bumpers does not match the paint on the rest of the car. Yet, you admit that this was (or should have been) obvious when you bought your car ("It is obviously different, and has become worse over time"), and that it is still obvious on cars sold today ("every single one of [the Ibis cars on the lot] had a mismatched bumper... It was way too obvious when you are looking for it at they were all right there to look at"). You bought the car with this obvious "flaw," so it would seem that your issue should lie only with the difference becoming "worse over time."

You fault the regional advisor for not using a colorimeter to address your complaint, but would that show that the difference "has become worse over time?" Did you establish a base difference with a colorimeter when you bought the car? Given your statement that comparing colors by the naked eye is "a ridiculous test," even if the regional advisor had seen your car when new, should he just take your word for it that the difference has gotten worse? Ultimately, you bought your car with an unsightly paint color difference. Should Audi spend who-knows-how-many dollars to repaint every Ibis car bumper, however many times it takes to get a near match that satisfies the owner, simply because the owner subjectively feels that the color difference has gotten worse?

I nevertheless understand your frustration, being somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to cars myself. Best of luck resolving the issue one way or another.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:53 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Most is true and for the opposite reason Lexus owners revere their experiences. But...

the Japanese manufacturers make it easy...they have 'cookie cutter' cars which are continually updated and refined from the original model and this is their philosophy...do it right the first time and upgrade, backfit, reengineer as necessary to keep the customer happy, keep the reputation as high as possible. "That's the way 'it' is" with their philosophy. No arrogance at all.
I don't quite understand why Audi is this way in some cases and it really bothers me to hear about these unpleasant experiences.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Please let me know how you approach this problem.....

It is ridiculous how they are handling it. My car has the same problem. Especially in the rear bumper. If you need another mate to join in on the Ibis fight I am in. Maybe we can start something together and let them know what is going on? Do we take this directly to Audi NA? I don't know what I want this issue resolved.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default The interesting thing is..

I have not seen this ever on any BMW and I'm sure they have "plastic" bumpers also. I've seen plenty white performance cars in my day and not one has experience this type of problem. Have you seen this problem with any white 997? I don't think so. I don't see how it has to be different with Audi. Regardless of how we come to the conclusion of why the color is off it should be resolved. However I do see why they would not want to do it.

Quick Reply: Audi Customer Support/Satisfaction SEVERELY Lacking!!!!