RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Audi Customer Support/Satisfaction SEVERELY Lacking!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. It is not the plastic but the process..
Old 09-08-2008, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on my situation.....My paint was covered under warranty.

Guy's just a quick update on my situation and a big thank you to Barrier Audi here in the Seattle area.

Quick recap. I took my car into Barrier to show them the problem of the mismatch bumpers. My bumpers were clearly a entire shade different from the rest of the car. It had a yellow tint and is very apparent in the shade. I guess this is where the Seattle gloom came in handy.

Prior to this I took the car to the repair shop that Barrier uses and got a written opinion on the discoloration. They informed me that yes the paint may be a bit off because of the plastic but not to the point that my bumpers were showing. I mean it was visually different. He said they should match at least as good as the door handle and molding which are both plastic pieces. I agreed.

Long story short, I took my car and opinion from their painters back to the service rep who right of the bat agreed that the paint should not be this off. He kindly agreed to elevate the situation to the regional service manager. He said paint warranty work must approved by regional. They snap some pictures, sent the pictures off to the rep and a week later my car's getting new bumpers, rocker panels and color matched to rest of the car.

Needless to say, I'm impress with the professionalism in the matter and highly recommend Barrier Audi.

Car should be done in a few days. Finally!