Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Daily Driver: Yes, and selling my 2k TT Quattro
Time Owned: since DEC. 2011
Current Mileage: 75,000
AVG Miles/Year: don't know yet. So far 2500 miles driven
Track Days to Date: 0
Maintenance Cost: Oil change and inspection cost was 207
Most Notable Modifications: does clear license plate cover count?
Issues: none so far
Next Car Considerations/Timelines: Until I get tired of my car, which maybe never.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

- Daily Driver: Yes
- Time Owned: 5 years - 4 months
- Current Mileage: 33,600
- AVG Miles/Year: 6k
- Track Days to Date: 0
- Maintenance Costs: $1,440 to replace front rotors and pads, brake line flush and bleed system; $205 to repair faulty clutch pedal sensor that made cruise control inoperable; $128 oil change/minor service at independent Audi shop (vehicle is out of warranty and out of Audi Care)
- Most Notable Modifications: None
- Issues: DRC recall, Ignition Coils replaced under Service Action 28F2/J1, Reinforced spare wheel (injected epoxy into weld seams under Service Action 53B3
- Next Car Considerations/Timelines: Bought a 2012 Suzuka Gray TT RS in September 2011 via European Delivery. Car was at my local dealer on Christmas Eve and in my garage for Christmas.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Spare wheel?
Old 02-09-2012, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by R18TDIUltra
- Next Car Considerations/Timelines: Bought a 2012 Suzuka Gray TT RS in September 2011 via European Delivery. Car was at my local dealer on Christmas Eve and in my garage for Christmas.
Niiiice! I've read good things about the TTRS, besides the normal Audi "understeer" issues which I'm sure can be fixed with a few suspension tweaks. I bet with a chip and a rear sway bar that thing is a real beast. How do you like it so far? How does it compare to the RS4? It's probably new enough that you haven't had a chance to really push it yet, but I have to imagine that thing would make a nice weekend track car.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by BADRS4
Spare wheel?
OOOPS! Sorry my bad. It was a service bulletin for welding problem in the spare wheel well area. Something about the seams breaking and causing structural integrity issues. They used this super high pressure gun to shoot hot epoxy glue into every nook and cranny in the trunk area. Any of you had this done to your 2007 RS4? I listed the service advisory notice number in case you want to check it out with your local dealer.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Spare Wheel Well...

Originally Posted by BADRS4
Spare wheel?
OOOPS! Sorry my bad. It was a service bulletin for welding problem in the spare wheel well area. Something about the seams breaking and causing structural integrity issues. They used this super high pressure gun to shoot hot epoxy glue into every nook and cranny in the trunk area. Any of you had this done to your 2007 RS4? I listed the service advisory notice number in case you want to check it out with your local dealer.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The TT RS and RS4 are two very different vehicles. I picked up the TT RS in Ingolstadt, drove on the Autobahn at speeds up to 120 mph during break-in. It was stable at high speeds but did not feel as planted as the RS4 which I attributed to the shorter wheel base and lighter weight. When it was time to drop the car off at the Munich Airport, the car had over 600 miles and I figured it would be the only chance to see if it would reach 174 mph. I reached a displayed 158 mph on the analog and digital speedometers before some lowly 3 series pulled out in front of me. I can attest to the excellence of the TT RS's brakes! So I missed it by 16 mph but it was still pulling and I have no doubt it would have topped out at 174.

When I got home and back into my RS4, the first thing I noticed was how smooth the 4.2 liter V-8 idled compared to the 2.5 liter 5-banger. The RS4 seemed more sophisticated compared to the hooligan antics of the TT RS.

You're right that I haven't really had a chance to put many miles on the TT RS. It's basically a weekend car for now. I was telling my Audi salesman this afternoon that the RS4 drove like a Cadillac compared to the TT RS. Both are extraordinary automobiles in their own way.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wow, I'll check if mine has had it...
Old 02-10-2012, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

The TT RS and RS4 are two very different vehicles. I picked up the TT RS in Ingolstadt, drove on the Autobahn at speeds up to 120 mph during break-in. It was stable at high speeds but did not feel as planted as the RS4 which I attributed to the shorter wheel base and lighter weight. When it was time to drop the car off at the Munich Airport, the car had over 600 miles and I figured it would be the only chance to see if it would reach 174 mph. I reached a displayed 158 mph on the analog and digital speedometers before some lowly 3 series pulled out in front of me. I can attest to the excellence of the TT RS's brakes! So I missed it by 16 mph but it was still pulling and I have no doubt it would have topped out at 174.

When I got home and back into my RS4, the first thing I noticed was how smooth the 4.2 liter V-8 idled compared to the 2.5 liter 5-banger. The RS4 seemed more sophisticated compared to the hooligan antics of the TT RS.

You're right that I haven't really had a chance to put many miles on the TT RS. It's basically a weekend car for now. I was telling my Audi salesman this afternoon that the RS4 drove like a Cadillac compared to the TT RS. Both are extraordinary automobiles in their own way.
Great story! I would love to drive our cars out on the autobahn!! Can't wait to go to Germany one day!
Old 02-10-2012, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I hired a TT RS in Germany last year and did about 4,000 kms in it.

I had it flat out on the autobahn and the highest speed I saw was 274kph which is 170mph.

Last edited by Alister; 02-12-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Daily Driver and Miles to Date