RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

DRC recall and/or TSBs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 04:34 PM
avp
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRC recall and/or TSBs?

I just swapped my winter wheels and tires on. While doing this I noticed what appears to be leaks on 2 shocks. I thought I had read that Audi finally stepped up and put a recall on these? Of course when I searched, I found mention of the "condensation TSB" but didn't find much else... Is there some good info I can go to the dealer with?

I'll upload pics later... It was front left and rear right...

TIA.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure where you're located but I spoke with Audi Canada last week on this and they confirmed that they are not providing warranty replacement for DRC's for the RS4.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:38 PM
avp
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm in Canada as well. How can they not cover the shocks under warranty if they are leaking? Oh, maybe its "condensation"... I guess I will find out what they say soon...

Have you had any issues?
Old 11-27-2009, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No issues - its only been a month. It'll go in early in the New Year and when on the hoist we'll have a close look. My fingers are crossed ...
Old 11-27-2009, 05:55 PM
avp
Audiworld Junior Member

Mine is a black 2007 as well. Bought mine in Chicago.

Let me know how you make out...
Old 11-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Right before I bought my 2007 RS4 (about 6 months ago) the previous owner had all 4 DRC's replaced under warranty for leaks. He even had H&R springs on it which they suspected could have accelerated the problem and they still warrantied them.

Of course all dealers are different but I would not allow my dealer not to cover the DRC's.

Audizine has several threads about this and there are many examples of people getting their DRC's replaced under warranty. In fact, several have posted that Audi has developed some new parts for these replacements which are less likely to leak.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by RS4Brian
Of course all dealers are different but I would not allow my dealer not to cover the DRC's.

Audizine has several threads about this and there are many examples of people getting their DRC's replaced under warranty. In fact, several have posted that Audi has developed some new parts for these replacements which are less likely to leak.
I'm aware of others having success with Audi USA and that there's supposed to be updated OEM parts. That said, Ottawa is a one dealer town (not to mention that I've got more fingers than there are RS4's in this city). The dealerships position is the same as Audi Canada's - failed DRC's are not covered under warranty outside of the 1st year/ 20,000 kms "wear and tear parts" warranty.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That sucks. The bright side is that it gives you better reason to buy some killer aftermarket coilovers!

I'm sorta thinking about selling my car...if I do keep her I'll likely throw on some coilovers. If so I'll give my DRC's away to someone who can't get them replaced under warranty. But that's a lot of "if's".
Old 11-29-2009, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

RS4Brian: If you are still think about selling you RS4 please pm me. I am in the market and would like to hear more about your car.

Thx

Originally Posted by RS4Brian
That sucks. The bright side is that it gives you better reason to buy some killer aftermarket coilovers!

I'm sorta thinking about selling my car...if I do keep her I'll likely throw on some coilovers. If so I'll give my DRC's away to someone who can't get them replaced under warranty. But that's a lot of "if's".