RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Need Opinions on Audi Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Opinions on Audi Extended Warranty

I purchased a 5 year 60k mile Silver Warranty through Audi that will take me to 106k miles (currently at 48,500), covers powertrain, A/C, all internal engine and transmission parts...basically everything I was really concerned about going wrong and costing me thousands of dollars. (details here http://www.fidelitywarrantyservices....protection.pdf ) It was $3,850 which is alot of money, but nothing compared to a rebuilt transmission or blown motor.

After reading the fine print it's obvious that it covers alot, but there appear to be random parts not included that would make it easy for them to get out of it. (rings but not burn rings, timing chain but not pulley or water pump, etc). I probably should have purchased an exclusionary policy that covers "everything except...".

Question is, I have until tomorrow (2/15/12) to cancel the plan with no penalty, get my $3,850 back and bank it for when something comes up (for which I can use towards any issue obviously, such as clutch replacement, brakes, ect). Has anyone had any experience with this warranty or have any recommendation based on experience with similar warranties or high mileage RS4's? I do intend to keep this car around for 3+ years, and the warrany is transferrable and I can cancel at any time with pro rated refund. Should increase resale value in 3 years with 2 years left on it and roughly 24k miles. I will be super pissed if I ever get a claim denied for a bull**** reason, but if the transmission dies and costs me $10k becuase I cancelled the warranty that would suck. What would you do?
Old 02-14-2012, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Forgot to mention I have Milltek exhaust. They said it won't be an issue for warranty, but my guess is that it will be another headache and BS reason to try to deny coverage.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Is there any deductible for your warranty? Mine is $50(if I take it directly to Audi) and it cost around high $3k as well...but from what I hear it's totally inclusive for EVERYTHING....I've used it once already and just paid the $50 for a oil low temp sensor and it was done....when I question the clunking in 3rd gear....the carmax audi tech literally told me...to beat it up as much as I want, and they will replace the tranny... "no questions asked" so I'm glad to hear that....The company that does the warranty is an outside private company..I forget the name...but they are not affiliated with Carmax...I can look it up for you when I drove to work if you want me to.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Deductable is $50. I think the exclusive warranty is the way to go, but a 5 year Platinum plan was like 7 grand or something stupid. It says it's only $50 fee to cancel after today plus prorated % based on time/miles used, which equates to about 750 bucks a year. I'm thinking maybe I'll keep it until something major comes up that isn't covered and I'll just cancel it and use the money then. If I had to make the decision today to either keep it for the interim or cancel I am leaning towards canceling. There is only a small chance that something major will go wrong, but there is a 100% chance that I will need to replace brakes/rotors/tires and possibly even the clutch someday.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Word up! Or you could just shop around for another "all inclusive" warranties today....Mine is called the warranty group I think! LOL I'll look it up in one sec...
Old 02-21-2012, 03:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You may have made the decision already. But, I too have coverage by the Warranty Group. My deductible is $150. It cost under $2,000. I bought it through Carmax.

I've used it twice: (1) replace steering column ($1,800); (2) replace cam timing chains ($7,000). While it takes awhile for the decision-making process due to 3rd party evaluation, the Warranty Group has covered both projects. Further, the Audi authorized service provider works well with the group.

Yes, these cars are expensive. But, an 05 A6 3.2L with 89,000 miles still drives like new.