RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Questions regarding RS4 Cab

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions regarding RS4 Cab

Currently using an 06 A8L Sport as my daily (great machine) and also have a 993 C4S for fun plus the big Lexus SUV.

Just sold my 993 Cabrio and want to move back into a drop top and thinking of getting an RS4 Cab in place of the A8 (it spends most of it's time doing train station duty).

Want a Cab with 4 seats so I can take the family with me on occasion (kids will get the back seats as there is very little room behind my 6'2" frame.

I'm a car guy and Audi guy through and through, but want some feedback on the RS4 drop top as I know my excitement for a new toy can cloud my better judgement.

Would immediately look to lower the car a bit (H&R makes springs for it, but again your input is much appreciated).

Let me know your thoughts...looking at a Mugello Blue one and Daytona Gray as the two of most interest.

Thanks for your input and advice...
Old 07-07-2009, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I've got a Daytona gray one available.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Drive it first. That will tell you.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JMSIV
Drive it first. That will tell you.
Can you elaborate on that a bit. I get the sense that you're not a fan...but curious to hear why that is the case.

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by watchlvr
Can you elaborate on that a bit. I get the sense that you're not a fan...but curious to hear why that is the case.

Thanks.
He owns one and likes it like I'm going to assume most owners do.

And do not get springs to lower it, you will just ruin the DRC quicker than normal. You need to get coilovers, either Stasis SL or motorsport or KW V3.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had mine for a year and half and loved every day of it. Great car and you can still pick up a brand new one for about $70k. Then put a Tubi on, Best sounding car I have ever owned, Even better than my R8 with a Stasis
Old 07-08-2009, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgot picture, Got rid of it two months ago and I still miss it
Attached Images  
Old 07-08-2009, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by watchlvr

Thanks.
That definitely didn't come across as intended...

A good buddy has taught me the power of the test drive. You can read and stew and dream about a car for months and months, and as soon as you get behind the wheel your impression changes. Are the seats comfortable? Do you even fit? Is the view good? Do you like the feel of the steering? How does the shifter feel? The clutch? Do you like the sound?

What I mean is that a single drive will probably answer these questions for you. I would probably LOVE a cab, because one of my favorite things about the car is the sound, and I would just get more. But I cannot carry a bike in any way possible (no folding seats, no roof rack, no hitch available) so that's that.

It just depends on how YOU feel about the car, and you probably won't really know until you drive it.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by scott61
... put a Tubi on, Best sounding car I have ever owned, Even better than my R8 with a Stasis
Lordy isn't that the truth? I sweat the RS4 kit is the best piece Tubi has ever made for any car. I drive around with the rear seats down all the time, windows open whenever possible. With the full roof off I would probably need a moment alone after every drive.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have a CAB I bought 2 months ago. It is the best car I have ever owned. Totally awesome.

And I have owned 3 B7 S4, one of them a CAB. RS4 CAB is the best.

Quick Reply: Questions regarding RS4 Cab