RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Questions regarding RS4 Cab

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scott61
Forgot picture, Got rid of it two months ago and I still miss it
Did you trase it in at Jack Daniels Audi by chance?

They had a 5500 miles car identical to yours with a Tubi on it and clear bra. Almost bought it but was scooped before I had the chance.

Beautiful with the HRE btw...well done.

Thanks for all the feedback guys...really appreciate it.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by watchlvr
Did you trase it in at Jack Daniels Audi by chance?

They had a 5500 miles car identical to yours with a Tubi on it and clear bra. Almost bought it but was scooped before I had the chance.

Beautiful with the HRE btw...well done.

Thanks for all the feedback guys...really appreciate it.
Yep that was my car. Have owned a number of Cabs including a Porsche Boxster S, Maserati Spyder and had a 2007 S4 Cab that I traded in for the RS4 Cab, The RS4 was the best Cab I ever drove, Pretty much zero cowl shake and the ride was incredible for a drop top. Funny you mentioned the clear bra, Was a Ventureshield, They even knew that when I brought car in. They tried to sell me a clear bra for the R8 but they did not use Ventureshield, So I said no and right after I got car I went to me local Audi Dealers who uses them. It's the only clear bra I would ever put on my cars. Good luck with your search for one, It really is the perfect package.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by scott61
Yep that was my car. Have owned a number of Cabs including a Porsche Boxster S, Maserati Spyder and had a 2007 S4 Cab that I traded in for the RS4 Cab, The RS4 was the best Cab I ever drove, Pretty much zero cowl shake and the ride was incredible for a drop top. Funny you mentioned the clear bra, Was a Ventureshield, They even knew that when I brought car in. They tried to sell me a clear bra for the R8 but they did not use Ventureshield, So I said no and right after I got car I went to me local Audi Dealers who uses them. It's the only clear bra I would ever put on my cars. Good luck with your search for one, It really is the perfect package.
Scott...I just realized that you and I may know each other. Are you on Fchat and have you owned a Gallardo plus a few other machines in that realm?

My screen name is 993 Guy over there (and on most sites) and I had the Arena Red Cab back in the day.

You the same Scott? If so...it really is too bad I didn't buy your car! I know how well you've kept the previous ones.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Bought my cab used 3 months ago and its a blast. I had the same stipulations: 4 seat v8 6 speed cabrio.
Test drive is definitely the best measure. I want to un cork the exhaust though.
Scott 61, why the Tubi? Miltek seems to me more common..
Old 07-09-2009, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by watchlvr
Scott...I just realized that you and I may know each other. Are you on Fchat and have you owned a Gallardo plus a few other machines in that realm?

My screen name is 993 Guy over there (and on most sites) and I had the Arena Red Cab back in the day.

You the same Scott? If so...it really is too bad I didn't buy your car! I know how well you've kept the previous ones.
I am on Fchat as scott61, Use to be on a lot when I had my Maserati. But I don't I'm the one you are thinking about since I never owned a Lambo. I do take great care of my cars though, Break in properly and they are never outside unless I'm driving it or around it at a show. Even built a garage at my shop for mine and brothers cars. Was funny that two day before I traded in the car I had an appointment for service, Spent a little over $500 since besides oil change I had them replace cabin filters, wiper blades and because of the deposit issue another $140 for some type of fuel injection cleaning treatment. Also the only gas I ever used was Shell 93. I wonder if they left the Unitronic flash in? I told them the car had it but have a feeling they probably removed it
Old 07-09-2009, 03:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by luckiguy
Bought my cab used 3 months ago and its a blast. I had the same stipulations: 4 seat v8 6 speed cabrio.
Test drive is definitely the best measure. I want to un cork the exhaust though.
Scott 61, why the Tubi? Miltek seems to me more common..
Miltek is just more well known to the Audi crowd. I learned about Tubi when I bought my Maserati and dealer suggested I have them put one on, They are made mostly for Ferrari and Lambo's. I loved it and when I got my RS4 and learned they made one for it I knew I had to look into it. JMSIV had a great video up of his RS4 with a Tubi, By the time the video was over I was on the phone ordering one. Another reason many go with Miltek is probably cost since the Tubi was around $3k. Don't bother with a valved system, Waste of money.