S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Anyone know definitively what a build schedule is and how to get it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know definitively what a build schedule is and how to get it?

I'm starting to question whether my dealer is telling me everything he knows, or looking up everything he can, about my build schedule. Can anyone tell me, or point me to, exactly what 'milestones' the dealer can get information on, and how they get that information?

Last year AlanL got the following info from his dealer. These were estimated dates and changed with time, but at least they seemed to be in a database somewhere.

---- quoting from AlanL's post--------------
5/18 - car is released to bodyshop
6/21 - bodyshop is done with car
6/24 - Paintshop
6/27 - handed over to warehouse
6/30 - Assembly unit (interior, etc)
7/03 - vehicle is released from factory to port.
7/14 - Port departure
8/10 - arrival in port at San Diego
----------end of quote------------------

Is this what I should ask my dealer for? TIA for advice.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default long story short. no.

it's super difficult and not every dealer has the same "interest" in giving you CNN ticker type updates.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:04 AM

Default My dealer has been the WORST in terms of updates. *I* had to call Audi Distribution to get ...

any answers, *I* had to call the Port and find out that my car was there this past Monday and will be delivered TODAY. The dealer never told me *any* this. Salesman says he'll call me back...he never does. What kind of behavior is this?

I am so disgusted by their lack of information (I actually got my VIN # **2 weeks** before the salesguy even decided to call me and give it to me). All of this will be duly noted in any and all surveys I received. You don't pay 50K+ on a car to get BS updates. I knew from the get go what the build week was (sometime in Feb.), but the dealer said it will be here in Jan. (mid-Jan.). Then it was early Feb., then it was mid-Feb., now it's in March. Get the F out of here...be frank with me from the beginning, and all will be well. I'm definitely not going back to them again for anything. You better believe my service will be somewhere else.

And before anyone asks, I'm not going to incriminate my dealership (just yet) by giving out the name. I want to see if they are willing to take the opportunity to make it up to me somehow.

I just feel so pissed off inside. What's so hard about asking for or providing an [HONEST] status? I bet $1,000,000 that I would have gotten updates and actual returned phone calls had I bought a Saturn or Kia....go figure.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Totally, so how'd you get the number for Disty?

and a soon to be congrats to ya!

d
Old 03-05-2004, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default They dont have to give you any updates....

All they have to say is "Its on its way" thats all Audi really wants them to say. Telling on them to audi wont do a hell of a good, except get them congradulated by audi for following protocol. My dealers checked once a week for me and normally called me or knew I would drop by on Saturday to say hi. But near the end I started calling every 3-4 days to AoA myself.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default dealer/salesperson has an accessaudi.com account...

all of the tracking information is in there... he just needs to take the time to look your car up (by either VIN# or by commission#)

the dates listed are usually just projections and are subject to change (daily). The dates for my Avant were moved back by about 2 weeks and then moved forward by even more time. In the end, I ended up getting it ahead of schedule...

you can tell him you know this and see what his response is. don't be afraid to walk if you think you're getting the runaround. let him know you are an AudiWorld.com user and probably know more about buying/selling an Audi than he does (its probably true, btw).

good luck.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:24 AM

Default Dealer said he called the helpdesk to find out the latest. Does this...

sound reasonable? Do you know what helpdesk he's talking about? Could it be more authoritative than what he gets from accessaudi.com?

PS You guys are amazingly helpful. I love this forum!
Old 03-05-2004, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default There is no helpdesk. There is the Audi Distribution Office....

who can give you the same info as the AccessAudi page.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:56 AM

Default Thanks man. I STFA and I found the phone number. I also have all the numbers and contacts

for East and West Coast Ports in the US. Pretty good, eh?
Old 03-05-2004, 08:58 AM

Default This forum is the bomb. (even though we bump heads sometimes and tell noobs to STFU)

seriously though, i don't where I would be without this place.

Quick Reply: Anyone know definitively what a build schedule is and how to get it?