S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Greetings from Nassau in the Bahamas. Taking the time to wish you all a ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from Nassau in the Bahamas. Taking the time to wish you all a ...

Happy New year and good times with the <b>S</b> car in 2006.

Speaking of <b>S</b> cars, I saw a road test on the new <b>S8</b> on the German TV network DW's Motor und Sport car show.

The New S8 with its Lambo based 5.2L FSI powered motor is very impressive. The suspension system is the same as the regular A8 (air suspension) but already set to a base stiffer setting. The sound system in the car as a 1000 watts of power and features retractable
(in dash) tweeters and it's from B&amp;O! The music from the system is said to be very nice. However, the in car music is nothing compared to the growl from the V 10 Lambo based motor! Now that's sweet music to my ears, even if I heard it through a ****ty TV speaker system.

Anyway that's all for now, back to the beach I guess!
Old 12-30-2005, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Happy New Year to you. 50 degrees and raining in Seattle. : )
Old 12-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default first off, if you are down there, why watch TV or be on a computer

you got the iea of a vacation all wrong.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:20 AM

All the Best to you for the New Year....We are all jealous
Old 12-30-2005, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default To be honest, it is not a vacation, I'm at work! As much as people like the beach, I don't...

I'd rather be boarding in Colorado our in Europe. Then there is night time, what am I to do, stay out of my room? No TV is a good break from the boredom of the islands!

Heck we went driving around the island in about 4 hours on our first day here and not in a nice car either!

I'm being a bit sarcastic in my comments you know but honestly, I'd would rather be some where else.

Happy New Year still stands!
Old 12-30-2005, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Happy New Year Jet.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Fluff, any news on your car?
Old 12-30-2005, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Dude, I'm not buying it...poor Jet, oh poor, poor Jet ;-) (j/k, happy new year)
Old 12-30-2005, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've been doing some testing.....

3 nights ago: I dissconnected everything from the car except for the Parrot. The next morning the battery was dead.I jumped the car, but now the gas gauge wasn't working. I drove it that day to charge the battery.

That night I dissconnected the Parrot but left the Phatbox connected. The next morning the car started with a very slight hesitiation (like a cold weather start). After I saw that is started I disconnected the Phatbox, reconnected the Parrot and took a different car to work.

Later that day the car was dead again. I jumped it so I could drive it and charge the battery. The good news here is that after this jump the gas gauge was working again. So after driving for a while I went home, left everything connected except for the Parrot, and went to bed.

Today the car started again with a very slight hesitation.

So, my plan is to leave the Parrot disconnected for the next few days hoping that the car will start every morning. If it does I will try to find out what part of the Parrot is causing the drain. If it dies again, back to the drawing board.

The worst part is that during my recharge drives I felt the vibrations again. So even if I figure out the battery problem, I will have to uninstall mods one at a time to try and figure out what is causing them. I will start with the easier mods first, the STaSIS will be last and if they come off, goodbye S4.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:12 AM

I was there in 2000, I heard that the market burned down a few years later. Have they rebuilt it?

Quick Reply: Greetings from Nassau in the Bahamas. Taking the time to wish you all a ...