S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

My first experience with Audi service in Plano, Texas sucked

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My first experience with Audi service in Plano, Texas sucked

Join the club. Bought my car from them about 2 months ago. At 300 miles, the front main oil seal was leaking bad. I know that's not their fault, but with only 300 miles on the clock, they could have at least put me up in a nice rental. Instead, they had to call Enterprise rental car...got my pick of a jeep or a volvo 4 door. I took the Volvo because I did not want a truck to drive around, but the Volvo had 23K miles on it, no stereo, and the tranny was about to blow. Slow as ever to boot. I've already taken it back twice since then for a gear shifter vibration/rattle under acceleration too. They didn't fix it the first time, even though they said they did. I took it around the block, heard it make the same noise, and took it right back. I made the service manager get in the car with me to hear it!!! I think he was embarrassed that they didn't fix it, but they had my brand new car again in the shop for 2 days. I came out of a BMW where I got top notch service and would have expected the same. If AOA is reading/watching, they should take note of Boardwalk and their client service treatment.

BTW, where do you work/live in Plano?? I have a Black/Black Tip and live in Plano.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sorry to hear this; but unfortunately IMO Audi's biggest negative is the dealer network in the US.

I attribute this to AoA upper management and very likely a lot of holdovers from the old days. AoA refuses to make its dealers give the level of service that one would expect from a Chevy dealer, let alone an "upscale" or even "luxury" marque. The design and engineering is excellent (with a few exceptions, most likely from cost cutting pressures), but my dealer sucks BIG TIME from a service point of view. Sales is always top notch, and thus you think the entire dealership must be top notch based upon sales experience (at least in my case). The service customer ratings are TOTAL B.S., as many are made to feel forced to give all "5's" in order to get ANY level of service on return visits - and believe me; they know what YOU rated them when you return for your next visit!

Alas, I don't think AoA reads this stuff; or if they do they don't give a rat's *** about doing anything to remedy the situation. Once sales start to slow down, AoA will be asking itself a LOT of questions as they find themselves with very few repeat customers.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Live in Dallas, work near preston and George Bush. Tinted Imola yellow.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default sales guys are great out there.....

Service is less to be desired now since the departure of an awesome Service rep.

Heard nothing but good things about Baillargeon.