S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Waiting for a new S4? Maybe this is the problem...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waiting for a new S4? Maybe this is the problem...

My car has been sitting at the Davisville, RI port for more than a week now. Apparently, there's a shortage of satellite radios that is holding up the release of the cars. More satellite radios are due to arrive this week, after which the cars will be released.

Incidentally, the person I spoke with said that I could get my car *now* if I wanted to just have the radio installed when they arrived. I'm getting a little antsy!
Old 08-20-2003, 10:53 AM

Default My salesman said the radios are in port. My car was

released to carrier as of yesterday so I should know in a few days whether they installed the radio or not. My car also arrived last week.

Alan
Old 08-20-2003, 11:14 AM

Is your car at Davisville, too? n/t
Old 08-20-2003, 11:32 AM

Yes, it is.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default This has been holding them up however....

They have been releasing cars and providing the buyer a 350 dollar credit to get the radio installed later at the dealer. Audi Never guessed how many, and which radio would be the most bought. Kinda an undersight but its to be expected especially since they are the only company who offers both services to their buyers.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:55 AM

Default Re: This has been holding them up however....

Thanks for the insight.

I just read your post from yesterday about the location of the satellite receiver - am I to understand that it's basically a bolt-on to the radio system? I'm seriously thinking about deleting it from the car.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:10 PM

Default Re: This has been holding them up however....

THe XM unit takes abou 1 hour to add. All of the wiring and antenna is there. It simply "bolts" on a shelf in the rear left (where the Nav would be). After that they conact XM.com and add it along with your free 90 day trial period. I have had XM in 5 cars now and love it. The $9.99 seems well worth it for the 100 or so extra channels (I have about 15 programmed in that I listen to on a regular basis). It is also nice to be able to go from place to place and keep the same programming going regardless of where you are.

If you log onto XM.com you can sample most of their programming before deciding if it is for you or not.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Dont delete it. Just ask your dealer to...

Have audi release the car and install it later. It will probably be easier. And maybe chaper. Its simply a parts shortage that my dealer told me should be sorted out in a week or two. They are also waiting for transports to deliver cars so.... it might not arrive any faster even with deleting the XM from you car. I would give it a week. From what I understand it should all be worked out by then.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default well...

Did you read the question? Hate to say it but we all know XM is good, I ordered it in my new S4, its just about the fact that the audi Part Option AXM is in shortage so they are holding cars while more are being made for these cars. Thats all.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:50 AM

Default Re: Dont delete it. Just ask your dealer to...

This the first I heard about them holding cars for the unit. You might want to double check to see the real reason. I took delivery on an RS6 last month, and my wife took delivery on an A4 cab,. last week. Both called for XM units. The dealers all received a memo advising them that there would be a day or two delay and the customer had the option of deleting the unit, or waiting. In our case I waited one day, and my wife had to wait 2 for for the part to arrive.

As I said, they are not, or at least were not holding any cars for the XM unit to arrive at the port. They also seem to be very close to caught up on the part and your dealer should have the unit in stock for a quick dealer add on. It is such an easy add on that anyone could do it in an hour or less, but i woul dlet the dealer install the Delco part for you.

Quick Reply: Waiting for a new S4? Maybe this is the problem...