S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2010 Audi S4 B8 A/C problems sometimes works sometimes doesn't

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 10:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Audi S4 B8 A/C problems sometimes works sometimes doesn't

Hello everyone, This A/C problems is really getting annoying, so here's how it all started, Before i got a tune with APR, stage 2 with dual pulleys car was working fine but AC was weak, i got a tune on friday and on the way back on high way it just stopped blowing cold air it was really hot outside, then when i got home next day it worked again, after 2 days i traveled a road trip 1500 miles i was in denver with higher elevation if that has to do anything with it, it stopped working there again but this time radiator fluid leaked out from the tank but i did not have too much of it in there in first place, but it was hot outside again 100+, before i went to the trip i made sure i had enough AC fluid it was about 35 PSI, so now it randomly works and most of the time doesnt, i am taking it to the shop tomorrow and getting it looked at , but i read on other forms it may be the blower here is the link to the form: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...blems-2807999/

i doubt tune had to do anything with this problem but as far as i can tell i didn't have this problem before the tune, and it doesn't work usually on hot weathers, in my opinion it may be the high pressure because i checked the ac low pressure and its at same pressure before i left to the trip so most likely i don't have a leak, but that doesn't explain why my radiator fluid over flushed or leaked out of the coolant tank
any ideas or suggestion i have not considered? what may be the issue>
Old 10-07-2017, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

hi, i posted help under this different thread :::
The shrader shouldn't hiss once the switch is removed. It is either loose, or the shrader is bad, and it will continue to leak, and deplete your freon.[/QUOTE]

me:I took my Audi into this new Audi service and they said the shrader valve was loose. I had this car in the service at another Audi service off and on for a year for it blowing hot air and they couldn't figure it out. The other day i heard a pop from the engine, I thought it was the ac that kicked on.
Now tonight my engine light came on, Anyone else has had this issue?
Old 10-07-2017, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Make sure the AC pressure is good, I fixed the problem by changing the cabin air filter by passenger seat, it was never replaced, hope this helps