S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2013 Audi RS4 could be coming to U.S.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to change the subject back to the RS4 so the **** talk could stop. I have seen alot of people saying that the V8 that may or may not be put in the B8 RS4 is not so good. So what would you like to see in the new RS4? In my honest opinion I would like to see Audi get away from the V8 and bring it back to the old school. I would love to see a super light weight version of the current S4 with the Turbo inline 5 from the rally inspired old school quattro tuned to about 480hp. I mean this is just a pipe dream but if we had it our way. The true car enthusiast way. How would we have it? Any thoughts would be good, anything to change the subject.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tillse7en
In my honest opinion I would like to see Audi get away from the V8 and bring it back to the old school. I would love to see a super light weight version of the current S4 with the Turbo inline 5 from the rally inspired old school quattro tuned to about 480hp. I mean this is just a pipe dream but if we had it our way. The true car enthusiast way. How would we have it?
This would be amazing obviously. And of course the other crowd-pleaser would be the 4.0T.

If we can't get one of those two, I think it would be fun if they came up with an HO version of the 3.0 TFSI, possibly with the TVS 1650.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by willyspub
This would be amazing obviously. And of course the other crowd-pleaser would be the 4.0T.

If we can't get one of those two, I think it would be fun if they came up with an HO version of the 3.0 TFSI, possibly with the TVS 1650.
This, but I'd prefer a longitudinal mount engine rather than a transverse mount in the S4(I don't believe the transverse mount engines have sport diff or the crown gear center diff), thus I'm not sure I'd want the turbo 5, though it is a hell of an engine
Old 11-26-2011, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

http://www.gtspirit.com/2011/11/22/r...4-vs-audi-rs5/

just sad..... no progress in engine from RS4 to RS5 with exception of design and more technology. In my view 5 years wasted..... lazy people at Audi...

M and AMG on the other hand are working really hard.

Last edited by plivac; 11-26-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
brushing it off with a 'fair enough').
Fair enough meant I was trying to be nice about it and come back on topic when faced with the rantings of the unqualified. Run along now to your B7 RS4 forum.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Banned

^^^lol I guess that confirms it...intellectual submission at its finest. You're welcome for the education sdiver. Try to play nice and understand that this is not your private playground.

Now go see about driving your car instead of playing automotive engineer fantasy land on internet forums.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

^^^Actually I gave up with you when I noticed you arguing with someone in another thread who owns both an RS4 and an S4 over what kind of fuel economy he averaged. In his OWN CARS. What chance does anyone else have with you when actual experience and intelligence is involved? Zero. So yes, I submit..I'll no longer verbally tilt at windmills but my offer to see you at the track still stands.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sdiver68
^^^Actually I gave up with you when I noticed you arguing with someone in another thread who owns both an RS4 and an S4 over what kind of fuel economy he averaged. In his OWN CARS. What chance does anyone else have with you when actual experience and intelligence is involved? Zero. So yes, I submit..I'll no longer verbally tilt at windmills but my offer to see you at the track still stands.
sure bring your s4 to toronto motorsports park. We'll have a go at the dragstrip.

p.s. for a supposed engineering wizard, i'd think you'd have learned that 1 person's experience does not make a very good sample size (and that was what i was arguing, not what his experience was). Go re-read the thread, and notice that I posted 500,000 miles driven by fuelly S4 owners as a more realistic example of what the B8 S4 does. Although, that would be confusing the issue with facts wouldn't it.

You keep posting excuses and insults...and I'll keep posting facts. Thanks again for trying. Back to your textbooks. Your buddies too.

Last edited by sakimano; 11-27-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

OK let's see how you handle the facts:

4.2L FSI 3L TFSI Source
Engine Weight in lbs: 466 > 380 Audi technical manuals
AWHP: 345 < 362 Dyno days thread, comp mods*
AWTQ: 288 < 347
Tq Curve: < Audi Technical Manuals
Fuel Economy: 1 < 1.27 Audi Technical Manuals

2011 Wards 10 Best Engines

* https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...highlight=dyno

Now let's see if you are capable of just the facts.

Last edited by sdiver68; 11-28-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sdiver68
OK let's see how you handle the facts:

4.2L FSI 3L TFSI Source
Engine Weight in lbs: 466 > 380 Audi technical manuals
AWHP: 345 < 362 Dyno days thread, comp mods*
AWTQ: 288 < 347
Tq Curve: < Audi Technical Manuals
Fuel Economy: 1 < 1.27 Audi Technical Manuals

2011 Wards 10 Best Engines

* https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...highlight=dyno

Now let's see if you are capable of just the facts.
This has never been about B8 S4 vs. B7 RS4...only when you tried (unsuccesfully) to make it that. I also want it to be clear that you're trying to do that (unsuccesfully) again.

You post audi technical manual numbers and dyno day results as your 'facts'. I post real world on-road/on-track race experience and the collective fuel consumption numbers of 500,000 miles driven by B8 owners. See what I'm getting at here? I mean you pick and choose what data to look at. We all know that reading doesn't prove **** all. You ignore the Audi technical manuals that say the RS4 makes 90hp more than the B8 S4, and only a few less torque. Why? You don't think they're maybe wrong do you? I do. Why? because i've seen real world results that refute those 'facts'. There's no way the B8 is 90hp behind the RS4. I've stated numerous times on these forums that this is not true. It's probably more like 60. Even then, it doesn't matter as the torque CURVE is the real reason for the B8 success. But you already knew that right booky? But for some reason Audi is right when it suits your BULL**** fuel efficiency argument...but wrong when it comes to power ratings, stock. See...you suck at arguing. At the end of the day though, as I said, this was never S4 vs. RS4. I stepped into this thread to defuse the bomb that was about to go off and splatter ignorance and misinformation all over the thread. Unfortunately you keep trying to re-light that fuse.

I bet you can't put your socks on without writing up mathematical equations and reading the packaging to 'prove' how to do so. Go drive your fu(king car, bookworm.

You suck at reading too. That RS4 was stock tune, stock downpipies, stock exhaust (except an h-pipe for sound, which does just about NOTHING...it's a 3 foot section in the catback) and he threw in some race gas, just to make his pre-post carbon clean dynos useless. The B8 S4 you compared it to was Stage ****ing 2 APR 93 + pulley. Man you really suck at 'facts'. You even fail at your fake bookworm dyno/textbook facts.

oh...this is funny too. Here's TSIVAS' post regarding the pulls between the stock RS4 and his stage II B8 (same day I believe). You talk about dyno numbers and a gap of 59 wtq and 17 whp...should have been a massacre right?
2nd and 3rd gear pulls were pretty close. I would say 1-1.5 cars max if we kept going. We shut down in 4th gear somewhere. Roads were empty in Mexico but it was stlll at night.
oops. This is what happens when you count on dynos and textbooks for your 'facts'. You get embarrassed.

Last edited by sakimano; 11-28-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Quick Reply: 2013 Audi RS4 could be coming to U.S.