S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2013 S4 vs 335i lease (May) Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A local BMW dealer offered last week $668/mon (36-mon, 12K/Yr lease) $0 drive-off for a fully loaded 2012 335i Sport-line MSRP about $55K. Don't remember tax included or not.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bimmers 2
A local BMW dealer offered last week $668/mon (36-Mon, 12K/Yr lease) $0 drive-off for a fully loaded 2012 335i Sport-line MSRP about $55K. Don't remember tax included or not.
A good lease price on a car that is inferior to the S4 in many ways is a compromise. Had a 07 335i. Really liked it, especially in comparison to my previous B6 S4. In order to keep my lease payment on my '10 S4 similar to what I had been paying on the 335i, I orderedan S4 that did not have all the options that the 335i had. I found that I made the right choice. I can live with out all the bells and whistles to have a car with a much better interior, better performance, better all weather capabilities just to name a few advantages. BMW will usually lease lower than Audi with comparable cars. BMW wants to sell volumes of cars. To do so, they artificially inflate the residuals and subsidise the lease rates. Audi generally doesn't play that game. But if you are leasing, BMWs practices are good for you. I would venture to say that if most on these forums were force to drive a 335i, they would not really be TOO unhappy.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kasher_khan
Thanks for the responses guys. I will get the actual no.'s from the dealer on Monday and post them here.
So I placed my order today for the spec I posted in the forum below at Audi of Tysons VA. I was able to get the dealer to agree to $500 over invoice without much effort which I feel is fair. The order is going to go through today and then the waiting game begins.

We did not discuss lease options or trade. I feel like that is a fight that I will have to take on when the car gets here.

The dealer did insist on a $1000 (non-refundable deposit). I was hesitant but decided to cave because I am pretty sure I will want the car anyways and should I change my mind, I can always fight the non refundable part (or not).

Seems like I did ok compared to others.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok so maybe I didn't do so great. I just noticed a $385 charge (dealer processing fee)on the order sheet beyond the invoice+$500. Seems like a scam but at this point I don't know if it is worth it to fight over.

Did others negotiate this away...???????
Old 05-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ALL deposits are refundable, Regardless of that the dealer says!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
well they put a stamp on it saying it was non-refundable, may retain deposit in case refuse to take delivery for liquidation damages...yada yada yada...

So I was going to call my rep tomorrow and say that unless he wants to remove that stamp from my buy order, I want to cancel the order.

Interestingly, on the bottom of the buy order, it says that unless affective, the order can be cancelled and deposit returned???????? Contradictory...

also should I let the processing fee go or have others negotiated out the door price without it successfully,
Old 05-21-2012, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
It depends on the state you live in. Now that pricing has been announced, in most states the dealers can take a non-refundable deposit as long as they let you know in writing that it's non-refundable.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I cancelled my order with Audi of Tysons over the "non-refundable" clause of a $1000 deposit.

I have sent emails to Audi of Alexandria and Chantilly to my contacts with the same deal Tysons offered but without the non-refundable deposit part.

I just wanted to know how much should I stress over this piece. Those two are the closest dealerships to me and I'd rather get the car from them. I have still have two more in MD (Rockville and Silverspring). So anyone have details on how they placed this buy order???

Also is the processing free non-negotiable in these areas? I know MD has a cap of $100...
Old 05-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok. I am glad I cancelled the Order with Tysons HBL.

Audi of Rockville are willing to match their invoice + 500 and their processing fees are $200 in MD as opposed to $385 in VA. Also they don't want a non refundable clause in the deposit slip.

So I am waiting for Chantilly dealer to match the offer.

I am also wondering if any of you that placed the orders had trades. I am wondering if the dealer is going to give me a price that is valid for 3 months (+- few thousand mile). Because obviously they can easily recover the costs of a decent sale price by offering a bad one for my trade.

I already have a carmax offer (expired) but still I know what is the bottom trade in cost to go with. I also can consider that I have 3 more months to privately sell the car.

Just wondering how others tackled this...
Old 05-22-2012, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Is this processing fee for ordering a car as opposed to buying it off the lot? Or are we talking about something else.

Btwy, you should perhaps send the "non-refundable" stamped receipt to whatever government authorities in VA deal with this stuff.

Quick Reply: 2013 S4 vs 335i lease (May) Comparison