S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Anybody with an ECU tune in the Denver area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by James P.
If you don't mind me asking, who did the install for you ? (Assuming you didn't do it yourself...)

I'd also be interested in meeting up sometime as I get my car next week hopefully.
Install was done by Auto Haus in Boulder. Great folks to work with, would recommend highly.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well I tried to log some today to prove this out but I pretty much didn't get very good results. The damn 702 value isn't the boost bleed off valve I think it's 525 instead. Value 436 is showing some insane boost pressures 20+psi. I actually think I need to log 501 to show the proper boost values.

Darn 2011's are slightly different than the 2010's so APR's values to log aren't quite right as to what you are supposed to log.

I'll see if I can go figure this out tomorrow morning, right now I'm going to the pool
Old 08-27-2011, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by forza1976
Well I tried to log some today to prove this out but I pretty much didn't get very good results. The damn 702 value isn't the boost bleed off valve I think it's 525 instead. Value 436 is showing some insane boost pressures 20+psi. I actually think I need to log 501 to show the proper boost values.

Darn 2011's are slightly different than the 2010's so APR's values to log aren't quite right as to what you are supposed to log.

I'll see if I can go figure this out tomorrow morning, right now I'm going to the pool
Matt, Sorry I couldn't talk more earlier... The name of the field you want is RFP_AV, on 2010 it's 702 but must be a different field on the newer cars... Look for the name... I have a excel file of all the vagcom fields and almost finished on the tranny ones... Sucks that it won't match up to your car... Really curious to see your results on logging as it should tell alot about the altitude... later Ron
Old 08-27-2011, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you Ron, appreciate you chatting today regardless. I'm gonna try again tomorrow and I'll look for that entry to log.

I'll report back in the AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Alright,
So I did a quick log, not sure if this is correct but it looks as if near redline at Denver altitude (~5200 feet) we are seeing a reduced amount of bypass in the upper RPM range. Not sure how scientific this is and I am not sure if Group 525 is the correct value but it looks like it is "Compressor regulating flap...". Ron and I chatted and there is some thought that maybe Group 710 is the value but I"m confused on what that is showing because it's measured by Degree.

Anyway, here is a short 1st, 2nd, and 3rd run. I didn't run out 3rd gear because I was going quick enough on the open roads as it was. Sorry if this isn't quite adequate enough but is what I could log.

Cheers.
matt

Old 08-28-2011, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Alright,
So I did a quick log, not sure if this is correct but it looks as if near redline at Denver altitude (~5200 feet) we are seeing a reduced amount of bypass in the upper RPM range. Not sure how scientific this is and I am not sure if Group 525 is the correct value but it looks like it is "Compressor regulating flap...". Ron and I chatted and there is some thought that maybe Group 710 is the value but I"m confused on what that is showing because it's measured by Degree.

Anyway, here is a short 1st, 2nd, and 3rd run. I didn't run out 3rd gear because I was going quick enough on the open roads as it was. Sorry if this isn't quite adequate enough but is what I could log.

Cheers.
matt

Matt, I shot you an email... 710 is your bypass... filter on your WOT runs and look at your 436 and 710... you aren't bypassing more than 12% but you are only making 7-8.3ish psi... probably the combination of the conditions(horrible DA) and ecu since your not tuned... I don't have stock logs... maybe someone with the switching can do some stock logs at a much lower elevation to compare... I guess this gives me a reason to send in my ecu in the next week... LOL I mentioned in the email but try to log some timing #'s also... later Ron
Old 08-28-2011, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ron, I'll give those other groups a look to see if I'm pulling timing. If this car reacts anything like my previous 335 then I'm sure I'm pulling timing on the crap 91 octane and immensely high DA that we see nearly every darn day

Thanks for the tips man, appreciate it.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ron, I'll give those other groups a look to see if I'm pulling timing. If this car reacts anything like my previous 335 then I'm sure I'm pulling timing on the crap 91 octane and immensely high DA that we see nearly every darn day

Thanks for the tips man, appreciate it.
Glad you got some logging done. Looks like about what we suspected. Sorry I haven't chimed in until now, was out of town all last week. Would be very interesting to get a few more baseline runs, then compare to a ECU tuned car, and finally a ECU tuned and pullied car. Looking forward to working on this more.

See ya around.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CJ_S4
Glad you got some logging done. Looks like about what we suspected. Sorry I haven't chimed in until now, was out of town all last week. Would be very interesting to get a few more baseline runs, then compare to a ECU tuned car, and finally a ECU tuned and pullied car. Looking forward to working on this more.

See ya around.
You bet, now that I know a bit more of what I'm doing I think we can be more effective. (Thanks to Ron).

Let me know when you'd like to get some logging done with the tune.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You bet, now that I know a bit more of what I'm doing I think we can be more effective. (Thanks to Ron).

Let me know when you'd like to get some logging done with the tune.
Nice. No tune for me yet. I'll be tuning and pullying together at some point. Maybe one of the other guys posting in this thread from the Boulder/Denver area can offer up some tuned ECU logging.

Quick Reply: Anybody with an ECU tune in the Denver area?