S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Carbon fiber trim around the gauges

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 06:50 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
DrGP, no offense or anything, but I don't think the black looks that great... at least in the pictures I saw that you posted.

I personally think it leaves too much of a "void" area..... but again, without seeing it in person I can't really comment too much.

I'm not sure what the correct "fix" is... but I haven't seen anything yet that looks better than stock. But that of course probably isn't saying much.
I agree that the pictures I posted didn't come out that well. But I am very happy with the improvement. In Spite of considerable effort, I just haven't been able to get a good picture with my camera. Others have posted pictures of gloss black that I also thought looked to be a huge improvement. IMHO, the satin finish just integrates better with the overall dash.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrGP
I agree that the pictures I posted didn't come out that well. But I am very happy with the improvement. In Spite of considerable effort, I just haven't been able to get a good picture with my camera. Others have posted pictures of gloss black that I also thought looked to be a huge improvement. IMHO, the satin finish just integrates better with the overall dash.
I think the satin black is probably the better way to go... but I wish there was some "accents" to it. Post more pictures if you ever get a chance!

Last edited by DrVolkl; 02-02-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the satin black is probably the better way to go... but I was there was some "accents" to it. Post more pictures if you ever get a chance!
Perhaps Satin with the OSIR D-trim pieces?
Old 02-02-2011, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by helix139
Perhaps Satin with the OSIR D-trim pieces?
I think I missed that post... Time to go search.

Yeah, that might be enough to do it. I'd probably do a CF to match my stock inserts... might start looking into this a little.

Last edited by DrVolkl; 02-02-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Banned

I think the satin black is probably the better way to go... but I wish there was some "accents" to it. Post more pictures if you ever get a chance!
I was wondering whether the metal trim rings around the speedo and tach in the S5 could be integrated into the S4 dash? That might be the accent that you are looking for
Old 02-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Banned

Three new pix, but try as I may they just don't really replicate the actual look. BUT, IMHO, it is better than silver. And not a glossy as gloss black.But it does tend to show dust. I would assume that the dust is not as visible on the silver. If you're unsure about it, why not just buy the 2 pieces and have them painted. (Or do it yourself). I used Rustoleum universal paint in satin black. If you don't like it, I sure you could sell it without a problem. ,,

Last edited by DrGP; 02-02-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You should get those OSIR trim pieces (they're $29) and see what that looks like... still seems like the nav screen could use a little accent... but otherwise, yeah, not bad.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Banned

You should get those OSIR trim pieces (they're $29) and see what that looks like... still seems like the nav screen could use a little accent... but otherwise, yeah, not bad.
The OSIR trim is a little wider than I would prefer. But I still think the S5 trim would look good. How hard could it be to adapt to the dash?
Old 02-02-2011, 12:46 PM
Banned

Like these?
Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2011, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Matt at ocarbon is making a carbon fiber set for me. Ordered them back in december while he was keeping hush about it. He's making 7 sets this round. He does quality work. Funny thing is that to match the oem cf trim he had to take a step down in quality as he normally uses a nicer cf than the oem audi. I don't post here much as I prefer the audizoo and euroaddiction but ill come back and post pics for you guys when I have it. I am a little nervous that it may be cf overkill but we'll see!

Dr gp's black trim looks nice as well.

Last edited by voltrons_head; 02-02-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Carbon fiber trim around the gauges