S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

CPO warranty coverage from previous ECU flash

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My guess is Audi will offer to reinstate your warranty if your ECU is flashed back to stock. As was said, if they refuse to warranty your powertrain, then you have a legitimate legal claim that would be a slam dunk. They sold you a car with a warranty and you have not modified the car from when it was sold. They are in breach of contract if they do not honor your warranty.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update on this?
Old 03-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by carstocks
Any update on this?
I have been communicating almost daily with AOA, he says that he is still waiting to hear from the dealer who performed the CPO. He says that he has asked them to clarify what they did during the CPO process to verify it didn't have an ECU tune. Basically, what did the service tech do before he checked that box on my CPO form.

I have called GIAC, they don't have record of a tune to my VIN. I am going up to NGP Racing on Saturday to check for APR tuning. That would just leave REVO, so that will be my last check. Unless I am missing any who offer a stock mode with their tuning.

I will wait to see what AOA comes up with. I will post an update once I have something. If I don't hear from AOA tomorrow, I am calling the dealer who sold it to me and give them a piece of my mind. I have refrained from calling them, relying on AOA to make things right first.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just got back from NGP Racing up in Aberdeen MD, they confirmed that the car has APR software on it. The security lockout is active so he cannot access the programs via the CC stalk. They will be calling APR on Monday to obtain more information on when and where it was installed. Once I have this information I will have a rock solid case to go back at AOA and the selling dealer.

I will keep posting updates when I have them.

It really sucks to know I have all that extra power dormant and I can't activate it without the code. I will never forget the feeling in my B5 when I activated the 93 octane program over stock and mashed the gas.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the code a 4 digit number? Can you start with 0000 and work your way up? It wouldn't take too long.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Toecutter
It wouldn't take too long.
And 9999 tries later it works! Damn should have started at the top and worked backwards lol.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Not sure if it would hurt your case, but if you are seriously interested in gaining access to the program I might add that starting with common 1234, 3333, etc. sequences, or birthdates based on an estimated precious owner's age already narrows down the combinations significantly.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I just now received an update to this sticky situation, yea its been almost 3 months... The dealer called me and is offering to buy me out, reimburse me for all my costs on this car. I am still a little shocked, I did not expect this type of resolution. I will start adding up all of my expenses and get a total number to make me whole. This situation is upsetting, I have grown attached to this car and I never anticipated getting rid of it.

I would like to get opinions for what some of you would do in this situation. I think I have a significant case and the dealer is trying to close it and get out ASAP. I will need to factor in the down payment, payments already made, taxes and license fees, etc. I also need to get reimbursed for the mods I have done which cannot be easily removed and sold, tint, AWE pedals, interior lights, AWE intake. Let me know what you guys think...
Old 05-01-2013, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

It looks like AOA is telling the dealer to back out of the whole thing to avoid any legal ramifications. They probably can't honor the CPO warranty so this is their only option and want it to go away. I would slow down here and consult an attorney. You have a pretty solid case and a good lawyer should be able to get you more than just your money back, i.e. a significant discount on another car or whatever. If they are pushing you for a fast decision, don't let them rush you into it - you appear to be in the driver's seat on this one.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
It looks like AOA is telling the dealer to back out of the whole thing to avoid any legal ramifications. They probably can't honor the CPO warranty so this is their only option and want it to go away. I would slow down here and consult an attorney. You have a pretty solid case and a good lawyer should be able to get you more than just your money back, i.e. a significant discount on another car or whatever. If they are pushing you for a fast decision, don't let them rush you into it - you appear to be in the driver's seat on this one.
Agreed.

Quick Reply: CPO warranty coverage from previous ECU flash