S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Dyno results - 2010 DSG S4 100 tune, 034 HFC's(junk), miltek non-res, various intakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When the LFC's come off and we get a re-test on Ron's car with the 2 intakes I guess we'll just have to see then.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol LFCs

poor 034...they're having a bad tun lately. Pissing off lots of Audi folks.

To that end, what data do you guys have that they're junk? Just primetime's quarter mile info? His ETs are largely unchanged. His MPH is down a little but his track isn't NHRA certified or anything. Who knows if they just re-calibrated their timing stuff or changed how they do traps?
Old 06-27-2011, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sakimano
lol LFCs

poor 034...they're having a bad tun lately. Pissing off lots of Audi folks.

To that end, what data do you guys have that they're junk? Just primetime's quarter mile info? His ETs are largely unchanged. His MPH is down a little but his track isn't NHRA certified or anything. Who knows if they just re-calibrated their timing stuff or changed how they do traps?
Well it's one thing too develop and market a bad product... but it is another not to own up to it... And yet another thing to get on the internet and lie about it... I'll be glad when I get these off and can post a picture of me throwing them in the garbage!

As for my results I see your point and as soon as I made passes this year I went and talked to the owner... No resurfacing, no new equipment, etc. They are an IHRA track... My Mustang is still trapping where it should be and hasn't lost 2mph+ in trap this year... Circuttested also had bad results with these on a road course and benjamin had a lower dyno with the test pipes which I am not sure I get since that is what APR runs on their race car...

I was told by a very reliable source who tested these that they lost power, unfortunately that souce won't post that given some business relationships...
Old 06-27-2011, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Oooh. I wanna play HFC data.

Take it for what it's worth considering the time difference between the runs.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by primetime
Well it's one thing too develop and market a bad product... but it is another not to own up to it... And yet another thing to get on the internet and lie about it... I'll be glad when I get these off and can post a picture of me throwing them in the garbage!

As for my results I see your point and as soon as I made passes this year I went and talked to the owner... No resurfacing, no new equipment, etc. They are an IHRA track... My Mustang is still trapping where it should be and hasn't lost 2mph+ in trap this year... Circuttested also had bad results with these on a road course and benjamin had a lower dyno with the test pipes which I am not sure I get since that is what APR runs on their race car...

I was told by a very reliable source who tested these that they lost power, unfortunately that souce won't post that given some business relationships...
Sucks. Remember a while back I told you guys (here or on AZ) to be very careful/patient with new mods for these cars, as everyone's going to be scrambling to get **** to market and tons of guys will get ripped off because you're eager for more power? I think I told you to demand track results and independant dynos etc. Guess you're seeing what happens when you don't. A few guys (like primetime and voltron) end up being the 034/strat test cars.

I imagine 034 will step up when it appears their reputation in B8 land is about to be completely sunk. First they ****ed up the spacers, and now it turns out they forgot to flow bench the cats? lol.

In any event the real topic of this thread is the strat intake vs. the Audi intake. Seems guys want to turn it to 034 because 034 is mean and strat is nice, but I'd be demanding a bit more of an explanation from Strat.

Originally Posted by voltrons_head
Oooh. I wanna play HFC data.

Take it for what it's worth considering the time difference between the runs.
see how it's losing a little power even at 2000? Even though we know it's not a restriction till higher engine speeds? That tells me AWE likes to re-calibrate their dyno for competitor's products lol. Fail.

Last edited by sakimano; 06-27-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
Sucks. Remember a while back I told you guys (here or on AZ) to be very careful/patient with new mods for these cars, as everyone's going to be scrambling to get **** to market and tons of guys will get ripped off because you're eager for more power? I think I told you to demand track results and independant dynos etc. Guess you're seeing what happens when you don't. A few guys (like primetime and voltron) end up being the 034/strat test cars.

I imagine 034 will step up when it appears their reputation in B8 land is about to be completely sunk. First they ****ed up the spacers, and now it turns out they forgot to flow bench the cats? lol.

In any event the real topic of this thread is the strat intake vs. the Audi intake. Seems guys want to turn it to 034 because 034 is mean and strat is nice, but I'd be demanding a bit more of an explanation from Strat.
Agreed... someone has to do the testing and I am impatient! I went through this on other cars so it isn't the first time... LOL I am trying to get John from Strat. to set some testing up at his place... It is a 4 hour drive but I can take a vacation day, get there early and dyno all day and then hit the track that night which is less than an hour away... Richi is into it so we could have some really good matchups between our cars... Will see if it happens or not...
Old 06-27-2011, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

BTW Thanks Primetime for taking the time(and effort) for showing your findings.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They did step up, they pulled the sale of the LCF's for now until things can be "fixed with software."

Last time I checked you can't increase airflow with software. The elements in this cat as less dense than stock, but the diameter of the cat is also a good bit smaller, so I would be surprised if it flows the same volume of air at speed compared to stock.

CircuitTested has said that they now have data to support the flow issue claims - we'll see. I thought you said you read the threads regarding this. You asked for more proof than the drag runs, proof which was all over the 2 threads on this.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hal_TT::CBP
BTW Thanks Primetime for taking the time(and effort) for showing your findings.
Not a problem...

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
They did step up, they pulled the sale of the LCF's for now until things can be "fixed with software."

Last time I checked you can't increase airflow with software. The elements in this cat as less dense than stock, but the diameter of the cat is also a good bit smaller, so I would be surprised if it flows the same volume of air at speed compared to stock.
Yeah, they won't sell any new ones but us early adopters are SOL... Like you mentioned airflow issues or lack there of can't be fixed with software... just wish 034 would admit their errors and own up to them...
Old 06-27-2011, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO dynos are a less-than-ideal place to test intakes anyways, especially those like Strat's that may be a little more susceptible to heat soak if they aren't getting adequate amounts of cold air. This would make sense given Arin stating that the boost gets dumped if certain IATs are reached as a safety measure. Thus, I think the answer is the IATs, and it isn't as much of a problem in the real world.

Quick Reply: Dyno results - 2010 DSG S4 100 tune, 034 HFC's(junk), miltek non-res, various intakes