S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Extended warrantee and Audi care

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended warrantee and Audi care

Will go to pick up my 2012 S4 this weekend (arrived at dealer tonight). I have a couple questions before picking up the car. Any feedbacks are highly appreciated.

1. Should I buy audi care? Price negotiable? What's a reasonable price?
2. Extended warrantee, same questions as above.
3. Any other suggestions for a new S4 owner?

Very excited now...
Old 07-14-2011, 11:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I've always gotten them to throw audi care in for free. And the enviroguard, unless they are giving it away avoid it. Thats my take.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mwarchut
I've always gotten them to throw audi care in for free. And the enviroguard, unless they are giving it away avoid it. Thats my take.
Will remember to negotiate audi care when making a deal next time. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

If you haven't signed for it and taken it home you may still have a shot. You would be surprised what they will give you if they feel they may be about to lose the deal, even on an order. I negotiated with my sales guy the final deal over SMS yesterday before I even picked up the car. The fact that I paid cash may have had some power too. lol
Old 07-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My dealer is far away from my house (better price). Can I still buy audi care from them? Or I better buy from the dealer I mostly like to go for services?
Old 07-15-2011, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can get it from any dealer and have it serviced at any dealer. If not bought at time of purchase you are unlikely to get much of a discount... although you may be unlikely to get a discount anyway unless the deal for the car has some extra padding in it for the dealer to be able to absorb other costs. Say no to everything else they offer.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have read numerous posts from S4 owners stating how they paid close to invoice AND got Audi care for free.
It's my understanding that Audi care has a $40-$80 markup, so I find it hard to believe that if someone is paying only $500-$1000 over invoice that they are getting it for free (unless the purchase price was closer to MSRP)??
If the dealer sells the car for $500 over invoice, with an audi holdback around $449 the dealer makes $949 on the sale. How can they give away Audi care that costs them around $700??? There total profit on the car would be $249, is this accurate, Will someone please clarify.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Don't believe everything you read on the forums from 21 y/o kids buying cars with their parents money It is definitely possible to get 500 over invoice if you are in the right market but I doubt you'd get free audicare with that deal... Also, if you are a previous Audi owner, the 1500 loyalty cash is a nice chunk of change to bring the price down.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by aris4n
I have read numerous posts from S4 owners stating how they paid close to invoice AND got Audi care for free.
It's my understanding that Audi care has a $40-$80 markup, so I find it hard to believe that if someone is paying only $500-$1000 over invoice that they are getting it for free (unless the purchase price was closer to MSRP)??
If the dealer sells the car for $500 over invoice, with an audi holdback around $449 the dealer makes $949 on the sale. How can they give away Audi care that costs them around $700??? There total profit on the car would be $249, is this accurate, Will someone please clarify.
Invoice means nothing with regard to what a dealership makes on a car. There are bonus's that dealers get for selling x amount of vehicles as well as other hidden incentives that we don't know about. You also have to keep in mind of the service contracts that come with the car. Even by selling at invoice the dealership is likely making a few thousand dollars on the vehicle. BMW actually sells most of there 3 series cars well below invoice.

As for the audi care, its a must.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dr bryan
You can get it from any dealer and have it serviced at any dealer. If not bought at time of purchase you are unlikely to get much of a discount... although you may be unlikely to get a discount anyway unless the deal for the car has some extra padding in it for the dealer to be able to absorb other costs. Say no to everything else they offer.
Thank you for the good suggestions.

Quick Reply: Extended warrantee and Audi care