S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Extended warrantee and Audi care

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does any one buy extended warrantee? Any comments? Thanks.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nal13
Invoice means nothing with regard to what a dealership makes on a car. There are bonus's that dealers get for selling x amount of vehicles as well as other hidden incentives that we don't know about. You also have to keep in mind of the service contracts that come with the car. Even by selling at invoice the dealership is likely making a few thousand dollars on the vehicle. BMW actually sells most of there 3 series cars well below invoice.

As for the audi care, its a must.
So how much can the dealer be making on the sale of an S4 with at invoice with $449 holdback? There have to be plenty of past Audi sales people that can shed some light on this?
Old 07-15-2011, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nal13
As for the audi care, its a must.
Not so sure about that. It seems, over the past several years, the price has gone up significantly (now $850 for S4), and the parts and labor covered seems to have decreased.

According to the lastest Audicare brochure:
http://www.audiusa.com/etc/medialib/...e_brochure.pdf

while there are lots of inspections and fluid top-offs covered, not many things involving parts and labor are covered (be sure to read the footnotes).

4 oil/filter changes, 2 cabin air filter changes, 1 replace main air filter, 1 replace all spark plugs, and 1 brake fluid drain & fill at 2 yrs. Seems like that's it.

If you can do some of your own maintenance, and especially if you drive few miles per year, it doesn't seem worth it.

I'm open to being convinced otherwise, and it's entirely possible I'm missing something.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I had my SA print out what service is performed during the 15k, 25k, 35k, and 45k service maintenance. You get a total of $428.66 (Audi pricing) of parts. This includes:

4 engine oil filters
4 plug with seal/O-ring
2 Dust/Pollen Filter
28 quarts of synthetic engine oil

It is basically 4 oil changes, 2 replacements of the dust/pollen filter, and a lot of inspections/checks.

It doesn't appear to include any spark plugs, brake fluid, or tramsmission fluid changes that I've seen from other posts.

Of course it does cover your time to do these items.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I just downloaded the 2011 Scheduled Maintenance Interval document for Audi's website and it does say at 35k if you have DSG/S Tronic transmission you should replace the filter and change the oil. This sheet also says to replace the brake fluid every 2 years. This is different compared to the detailed sheets my SA printed out for me for each scheduled maintenance interval.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for checking on this sducotey.
So it still seems ambiguous/conflicting, i.e. depends who you ask or what document you read.

Apparently many people are buying Audicare without getting an itemized list of what parts, labor, and services are covered by the $850 price. Seems there is no such list, which is ridiculous.

If your SA is correct, it's even less than the most recent Audicare brochure implies. Or maybe your SA has the info for 2012 Audicare and it's been reduced even further (the info I found was for 2011).

I've read many old posts on various forums and it does seem it covered much more (parts and labor) at one time.

Things like filters are much more expensive at dealers prices than from a 3rd party source. Also seems there are frequently 10% off coupons for a-la-carte service, sometimes even more discount for specific services.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What's the diffference between Audi Care and Audi Care PLUS?

Originally Posted by EF99
Not so sure about that. It seems, over the past several years, the price has gone up significantly (now $850 for S4), and the parts and labor covered seems to have decreased.

According to the lastest Audicare brochure:
http://www.audiusa.com/etc/medialib/...e_brochure.pdf

while there are lots of inspections and fluid top-offs covered, not many things involving parts and labor are covered (be sure to read the footnotes).

4 oil/filter changes, 2 cabin air filter changes, 1 replace main air filter, 1 replace all spark plugs, and 1 brake fluid drain & fill at 2 yrs. Seems like that's it.

If you can do some of your own maintenance, and especially if you drive few miles per year, it doesn't seem worth it.

I'm open to being convinced otherwise, and it's entirely possible I'm missing something.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Audicare Plus picks up at later mileage than covered by Audicare
Old 07-24-2011, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just picked up my 4th Audi, a 2011 Q7. Also have a 2011 S4. In last 2 years returned a 2008 A4 lease and traded in a 2011 Q5. I got Audi Care with all of them, and despite my wheeling and dealing to bring costs way below MSRP, I've never been able to get Audi Care below cost ($750). But I do think its worth it, especially if you don't have the luxury of time or ultra-car maintenance know-how (like me). The downside of Audicare is that it stays with the VIN#, not with the owner, so I had to eat the cost when I traded in my 2011 Q5 for the Q7, but I had no choice, needed more room !
Old 07-24-2011, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Why did you need more room than the Q5? Do you think the Q5 is big enough for a baby and a two year old and their stuff?

Originally Posted by amkmd00
Just picked up my 4th Audi, a 2011 Q7. Also have a 2011 S4. In last 2 years returned a 2008 A4 lease and traded in a 2011 Q5. I got Audi Care with all of them, and despite my wheeling and dealing to bring costs way below MSRP, I've never been able to get Audi Care below cost ($750). But I do think its worth it, especially if you don't have the luxury of time or ultra-car maintenance know-how (like me). The downside of Audicare is that it stays with the VIN#, not with the owner, so I had to eat the cost when I traded in my 2011 Q5 for the Q7, but I had no choice, needed more room !

Quick Reply: Extended warrantee and Audi care