S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Minor 3G MMI annoyances

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow...great story, and sadly, as I would like to support US industry as well, this is the overall type of experience I have had and heard of from others. US dealers just don't get it. It's almost like they are looking at the here and now, who they can get to buya product and then not care if they are happy and would ever return. The whole "He bought it, so if we refuse to take it back and bluster for a while, he'll keep it even though he is not satisfied, and we'll make our money," mindset is just the type business model that helped get GM and the other US car makers where they are today.

Not to derail this thread so sorry about that

Thanks for sharing the story and experiences.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HikerGuy
Here's a quick take on the Corvette return I experianced under the 60 Day Satisfaction Guarantee. I intended to keep the Corvette after I bought it, and took it back to the original Dealer for repair. These were things like misaligned hood, trunk, and bumper and for minor cosmetic defects on the inside. There were also some intermittent operational issues like drivers-door not opening (they have electronic buttons to open the doors), passenger airbag sensor not detecting my passenger,and a few other things. The General Manager of the Dealer belittled me for brigning the car in for these types of repairs. I got GM on the phone and they found another Dealer who was very nice about it, but could only repair a few of the inside cometic defects. That Dealer spoke with the Chevy Regional Rep who recommended I return the car, since most of the things were "within spec".

The plans to return the car went smooth. GM makes you bring the car back to the Dealer who sold it, and an inspector checks it over. I went to the Dealer where I bought it, and it passed the inspection with no problem. Then came time for the Dealer to take back the car and for me to sign over the title. The Dealer refused! I got in contact with GM who called the Dealer to tell them they had no choice, but the owner of the Dealer still refused. To make a longer story short, I sat in front of the Dealer in a rental car for 3 1/2 hours waiting for them to take the Corvette back. Finally after many calls from GM to the Dealer, and my persistence in not going away, The Sales Manager took the car back and gave me a check for the total cost (including sales tax but minus DMV fees).

I immidiately went to the Audi dealer and bought the S4!

Terrible Chevy Dealer experiance, but outstanding Audi Dealer experiance.

holy crap that is an unbelievable story. several things come to mind.

1. that dealer should be stripped of his franchise
2. very impressive GM fought so hard for you to get your money back. they could have shrugged and let you sue and go the expensive/slow legal route.
3. So, so sad, that even now, the Americans just can't build a quality car. Absolutely unbelievable and very depressing. They should have let GM die. It's going to die anyway.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

I also wish the station presets (or radio in general) had a "Last" button so you could just jump back to the last station you were on instead of scrolling back through your presets to find.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

I highly agree with the "mix" option and for the radio the "preset" option. These should hopefully be able to be fixed via a software update!

I've noticed it takes about 30min to 1 hour of the car being parked for it to default back to the un-mix or un-presets. If you make a shorter stop then everything is still there as before (ADS not included).

ADS defaulting as noted is due to EPA and such.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AofC_RR
The drive select resets everytime thanks to the EPA. Audi would have to do separate emissions testing if it did not. Do a search this has been discussed.
I don't have my car yet, so take my opinion for what it's worth (nothing ... even *IF* I had my car -- nothing).

Based on what I've read about each of the ADS settings, I have a feeling that I'll spend most of my driving (commute, errands, etc.) in the "auto" setting. I'm thinking I'd use "dynamic" when I'm feeling like having fun, and "comfort" when I'm driving highway 5 down the central valley of California for 350 miles to visit family in SoCal.

In other words, I don't think I'll be "irritated" that the car will default to auto.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dman413
I've noticed it takes about 30min to 1 hour of the car being parked for it to default back to the un-mix or un-presets.
Mine (2G MMI) exits preset mode as soon as I turn off the car, no matter what the length of time.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I find it very annoying that the Jukebox does not support playlists especially when the mix function gets deselected.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:28 AM
jpr
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default doesn't work for me.

Originally Posted by Scotty (UK)
Push the left roller on the MFSW.
Doesn't work for me, but thanks.
-jpr
Old 11-23-2009, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

So when you're on a call, you is displayed on the DIS. The curson should be on the End Call option and hence a simple push on the roller to select this and it's job done or at least should be!