S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

My 26,000 mile experience with Stasis

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for posting, jeff@stasis. As is often the case, it sounds like we only got half of the story.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:01 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by plivac
Jeff,

thanks for the response - I still think that something like "how our warranty program operates" should be public information as this is your key selling point and doesn't need to be handled offline in private phone/email conversations.

Individual issues yes, but general principle - no.

This approach makes the whole process seem dubious and less trustworthy.

just my 2cents.
There is nothing dubious about this, our warranty policy has always been available to the public, please reference.
http://stasisengineering.com/support...and-compliance
Old 11-22-2011, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks very much for your response Jeff.

My Northeast StaSIS regional rep Allen Nixon has also been very communicative with me both pre- and post-sale, one time getting back to me immediately on the weekend even tho' it was just a low priority general info request.

My StaSIS certified Audi Norwell dealership has also been very good about periodically checking my satisfaction with their tune administration and other services.

I do sympathize with the OP, as no one wants to have issues with their pride & joy Audi, but do keep in mind that forums such as this typically serve more complaints than compliments regardless of product/vendor.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure why you chose to post the customer's entire real name, which doesn't appear to have been called for, or confirmed to be ok with him.

While I do believe a lot of these issues seem to lie with the dealership, not everything does. This is not the first complaint by far that has been aired, so I find it hard to immediately dismiss.

I also have concerns over why when there is a warranty in force, the onus seems to be on the customer to perform data logging and triage. If these additions and modifications are something that is covered like any other warranty (whether Audi, or Stasis picks it up - it is advertised as seamless) with a car which was purchased as a new car with upgrades already in place. My expectation would be I drive to the dealer and is truly IS seamless - I drop the car off, get a loaner, and pick it up when it's fixed. No muss no fuss.

If this is not what anyone can expect, regardless of the dealership you are dealing with - then what are you paying the premium for? This seems like a lot of back and forth for someone to deal with when the reason they are doing this through Stasis and the Dealership is to explictly remove them from having to do these sorts of things.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Not sure why you chose to post the customer's entire real name, which doesn't appear to have been called for, or confirmed to be ok with him.

While I do believe a lot of these issues seem to lie with the dealership, not everything does. This is not the first complaint by far that has been aired, so I find it hard to immediately dismiss.

I also have concerns over why when there is a warranty in force, the onus seems to be on the customer to perform data logging and triage. If these additions and modifications are something that is covered like any other warranty (whether Audi, or Stasis picks it up - it is advertised as seamless) with a car which was purchased as a new car with upgrades already in place. My expectation would be I drive to the dealer and is truly IS seamless - I drop the car off, get a loaner, and pick it up when it's fixed. No muss no fuss.

If this is not what anyone can expect, regardless of the dealership you are dealing with - then what are you paying the premium for? This seems like a lot of back and forth for someone to deal with when the reason they are doing this through Stasis and the Dealership is to explictly remove them from having to do these sorts of things.
I would agree. This is what dealerships are advertising as an advantage.

Last edited by 2011_S4; 11-22-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

This.

Posting his full name was really in bad form, Jeff. You should know better . . .
Old 11-22-2011, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Jeff,
Thanks for your counter post.
What about the more serious matter of the 4 blown Audi motors? was this a result of tuning? A further comment from you would be appreciated.Byron
Old 11-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by clochner
This.

Posting his full name was really in bad form, Jeff. You should know better . . .
"Original Poster"
Old 11-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by southwind
Jeff,
Thanks for your counter post.
What about the more serious matter of the 4 blown Audi motors? was this a result of tuning? A further comment from you would be appreciated.Byron
IIRC those cars had low miles and none of them were tuned.....I saw a link floating around talking about this
Old 11-22-2011, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

I also have concerns over why when there is a warranty in force, the onus seems to be on the customer to perform data logging and triage.... My expectation would be I drive to the dealer and is truly IS seamless - I drop the car off, get a loaner, and pick it up when it's fixed. No muss no fuss.
Exactly the point.

Reading the warranty you find that if Audi doesn't recognize Stasis, as it doesn't according to the publicized letter, the warranty does not cover OEM parts...

OEM parts section of the warranty says: Purchasers are required to contact their automobile manufacturer to learn all material information prior to purchasing Stasis Parts"
http://stasisengineering.com/sites/d...Oct%202010.pdf

Again, I just want to know what I might get myself into... and to be honest Jeff's attitude is actually pretty customer unfriendly.... go and read the warranty he says without even trying to explain the situation
'
Note: I do not have any vested interest in Stasis doing good or bad...it just that I think they are intentionally or legally binding being vague and I at this point do not plan on getting a tune done.

Quick Reply: My 26,000 mile experience with Stasis