S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

My 26,000 mile experience with Stasis

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
I also have concerns over why when there is a warranty in force, the onus seems to be on the customer to perform data logging and triage. If these additions and modifications are something that is covered like any other warranty (whether Audi, or Stasis picks it up - it is advertised as seamless) with a car which was purchased as a new car with upgrades already in place. My expectation would be I drive to the dealer and is truly IS seamless - I drop the car off, get a loaner, and pick it up when it's fixed. No muss no fuss.
STaSIS was notified after the customer had visited the dealership about his misfire issue. Jared had reached out and tried arranging to get the car back into the dealership so he could either work with the technician or go there himself and perform road tests. The customer noted his friend had VAG-COM and made arrangements for road testing himself.

When a customer experiences an issue either STaSIS or Audi related, they are greeted as an Audi customer by the dealership and taken care of as an Audi customer by the dealership, this includes rental car, warranty reimbursement etc.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by plivac
Exactly the point.

Reading the warranty you find that if Audi doesn't recognize Stasis, as it doesn't according to the publicized letter, the warranty does not cover OEM parts...

OEM parts section of the warranty says: Purchasers are required to contact their automobile manufacturer to learn all material information prior to purchasing Stasis Parts"
http://stasisengineering.com/sites/d...Oct%202010.pdf

Again, I just want to know what I might get myself into... and to be honest Jeff's attitude is actually pretty customer unfriendly.... go and read the warranty he says without even trying to explain the situation
'
Plivac, in short STaSIS will cover what Audi denies within the 4yr 50K warranty window.

Through my years at STaSIS I've quickly realized that no matter how black and white you try to make a document, customers tend have different interpretations from one another which is ok... and why I always offer for he/she to contact myself directly to which I am happy to address your questions/concerns.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jeff@stasis
STaSIS was notified after the customer had visited the dealership about his misfire issue. Jared had reached out and tried arranging to get the car back into the dealership so he could either work with the technician or go there himself and perform road tests. The customer noted his friend had VAG-COM and made arrangements for road testing himself.

When a customer experiences an issue either STaSIS or Audi related, they are greeted as an Audi customer by the dealership and taken care of as an Audi customer by the dealership, this includes rental car, warranty reimbursement etc.
Bad move Jeff... I attached an email from me to Brian Harrigan after our phone call. I started talking to Brian only after complaining it had never been fixed and that the replacement muffler was going to take 8 weeks to come in and that I had been driving a rattling car for 5 months with no resolution. (Previously I had spoken with Jared, then with Tifani, and with some guy named Jack Spinella). To say I didn't do my part and I was unresponsive is just gross misrepresentation of the situation on your part.

Anyway, that misfire happened pretty early on in the car's life and I had repeatedly complained about performance and a surging between 3-4,000 miles at the dealer as well as when I talked with Jared and Brian. Bottom line: I had mentioned the issue to Stasis and the dealer on multiple occasions and nothing was done about it.

After talking with Brian I finally got the point where I said "I'm willing to do ANYTHING to get this resolved" and I WAS ASKED by Brian/Jared if I knew someone with a VAG-COM. I did, a local friend. We spent hours trying to get his "VAG-COM" to work until I realized the B8s need the official version and his was a hack. I asked if Jared could come to Richmond and Brian said that was doable but I could never get a response out of him about when. After WEEKS of back and forth I decided to drive to WV to get logs pulled at a friend's shop while I was in Baltimore. I also asked if I could go to your shop for you guys to pull it since I COULD be in the area; over the phone Brian said I couldn't because customers weren't allowed. I went ahead to my friend's shop to get the logs pulled (he's right down the street from your place). After we pulled the logs and we emailed them to Jared and Brian I was told a day later you guys needed MORE log information and that I would need to get the logs repulled (attached that email as well) and I said I would be able to come BACK to your shop THAT SAME WEEK to have YOU do the work when I got a response that said "We do not do repair work at our facility, this would be done at the dealer you had the parts installed at, or any authorized STaSIS Audi dealer. Once I hear back, I will let you know how to proceed."

Jeff - you shouldn't be trying to put this back on the customer... especially not THIS customer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RE_ A4 Vag-Com logs.pdf (618.5 KB, 198 views)
File Type: pdf
ECU Flash and Driveability.pdf (573.2 KB, 157 views)
Old 11-22-2011, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Popcorn in microwave.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Former Vendor

We are truly sorry that you feel we haven’t been responsive. I understand that you are working today with our Director of Sales to resolve your issues. I hope we can help make your experience a more positive one -- Thank you

Last edited by jeff@stasis; 11-22-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow.. After being on this forum, I am so glad I did not have the dealer install the stasis challenge pkg pre delivery! That exhaust is an absolute joke.

OP, I hope that you can get all of this sorted out quickly and enjoy your car! Until then I have my popcorn
Old 11-22-2011, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff@stasis

Except that the bolded part is not what happened according to Matt. They were told "Sorry, not our problem, deal with Stasis," who is then coming back and saying "We don't do work on customer's cars in house, go back to your dealer who installed this."

I get the impression that Matt offered to do the VCDS logging in order to attempt to gain traction where none was happening on a long standing issue he was tired of having to deal with. Matt can feel free at anytime to step in and clarify or correct where I am misunderstanding what he wrote.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nope, NWS4Guy, you're absolutely right... no correction needed there. I appreciate you seeing what I was saying. My entire writeup is factual and can be supported through pictures, call times, and emails.

Moving on... just a quick update in the spirit of full disclosure... Tifani, the Director of Sales, DID contact me this afternoon and we are working on a plan to resolve the outstanding issues. I also discussed with her a better way of keeping customer complaints and concerns lumped together to track customer issues as I firmly believe had there been a single system of record... if they had something that tracked all the times I called, went into the dealer, and sent emails I think things would have been addressed sooner and in a much better manner (you know, I own a company that writes those type of applications - a shameless plug, I know). Stasis is a growing company and, like most companies in that situation, start really seeing the value of those processes and systems to help with things like that only after it's become a big problem. Of course companies can really only afford those systems once they become big enough to start actually HAVING those problems... catch 22.

Anyway, from our discussion it seems that in the end the issues appeared like one offs to most folks involved and not directly relating to a single customer. I do think the dealer has a lot of skin in the game here as well as certain individuals at Stasis but hopefully we can make all that water under the bridge.

Thanks for the support... more to come...
Old 11-22-2011, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattsl
Nope, NWS4Guy, you're absolutely right... no correction needed there. I appreciate you seeing what I was saying. My entire writeup is factual and can be supported through pictures, call times, and emails.

Moving on... just a quick update in the spirit of full disclosure... Tifani, the Director of Sales, DID contact me this afternoon and we are working on a plan to resolve the outstanding issues. I also discussed with her a better way of keeping customer complaints and concerns lumped together to track customer issues as I firmly believe had there been a single system of record... if they had something that tracked all the times I called, went into the dealer, and sent emails I think things would have been addressed sooner and in a much better manner (you know, I own a company that writes those type of applications - a shameless plug, I know). Stasis is a growing company and, like most companies in that situation, start really seeing the value of those processes and systems to help with things like that only after it's become a big problem. Of course companies can really only afford those systems once they become big enough to start actually HAVING those problems... catch 22.

Anyway, from our discussion it seems that in the end the issues appeared like one offs to most folks involved and not directly relating to a single customer. I do think the dealer has a lot of skin in the game here as well as certain individuals at Stasis but hopefully we can make all that water under the bridge.

Thanks for the support... more to come...
Matt,
Glad to hear that things seem to be working out for you. Unfortunate that it had to progress to potentially negative publicity before proper action was taken, but then this same scenario has happened before with a Stasis exhaust on an S4 member here. Much back and forth with no traction until he brought it public, then miraculously people were eager to help.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Ynnekdude
Popcorn in microwave.
Right there with you! I logged in for the first time in ages after this was cross posted.

Quick Reply: My 26,000 mile experience with Stasis