S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

My Stasis V1 vs V2 logs(With Revo 91 Chaser)

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sakimano
just saw the recent post you made on AZ and added it. Where's the other info...is it in that AZ arin@apr thread?
No, haven't posted it in that thread yet because i think it can do better. Only place i posted it so far is here
Attached Images  
Old 09-01-2012, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

that had nothing to do with our race. If you'll notice the context, it was referring to me, you, mistro all running well, as was that C63 etc...but the S5 was clearly miles off pace. i.e. it was a good night, but he was still really slow

you were running well. You ran 12.3 @ 113 and as you mentioned, you made your best MPH ever. The fact you got slower as the night went on is another story, but clearly conditions the way they were, that S5 should have been 13.2-13.4 @ 104 or something. Not 14.3 @ 99
Again, you keep on saying I was running well. This is where we disagree. I feel that I did have one descent run (12.3@113mph) but overall my car was not running well. Even in those conditions with the revised tune and especially the CPS unit I should have been consistently running in the 12.2-12.4 all night long. So to me one descent run does not mean I wasn't running well... Now you, on the other hand, did run well! Your car was consistent in both it's trap and ET and more so it was close to your best times eventhough you had 1300ft DA disadvantage!

Little off topic but did you have any new mods on your car this last trip to the strip? Thought I over heard you said you had a new exhaust?

Anyway, let me know the next time your heading down and we'll make it an event! StasisS4 you should come along too! It's fun, you meet some cool people, and you just have an overall good time runing your car and watching others run theirs!

Cheers Boys!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TinS5
No, haven't posted it in that thread yet because i think it can do better. Only place i posted it so far is here
Dude, dont worry about it. Post both the good and bad times (not saying your 12.7 is bad). As you continue to mod it's nice to see the progress and if you're anything like me I always lose the slips from the track. Thank God I post most of them online and use that as reference to compare after each new mod.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you'll show me ANYWHERE that I did any bashing of your car, I will enjoy reading it. I don't recall saying anything negative about the B8...only the moronic posts by some of the people who own them. Go read my post again.

As for the B8 being better than the previous generations, that's your opinion. I don't think it's wrong...but I don't get what the **** it has to do with anything. Was there a point somewhere that I said it was worse than the b5? B6/7? I think the b8 is excellent. I've said that dozens of times. I've recommended it to family and my closest friends.

Since you're in Toronto and are such a big boss man, why don't you and your 'StasisS4' come to Cayuga with us next time we all go. I think you'd enjoy it. Then you can give me some life coaching to better enable me to be like you. I can get a better look at your precious B8 and you can tell me how great the platform is (even though I've owned a B8 since 2008, back when your username was probably 'TTC BusPass'.

speaking of bashing...I'll make sure a couple of my M3 friends are there when you come to Cayuga so you can say this to their face
You are such a douche.. First of all I live in Calgary and Northern BC, no where near Toronto. I've never been to a 1/4mile track in my life, and don't really plan on going. Trying to judge you manliness based on times is ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as trying to sound imposing/tough on the internet. If I wanted to have a quick 1/4 mile car I wouldn't have spent 75k (so far) on an S4. My car only has 2500km on it so far so yes it is still precious. I made my user account when I was researching the vehicle, and minutes away from buying a Stasis car from the dealership. I found out they were doing a facelift for 2013 so I waited and ordered a new one instead. After readings thousands of posts I decided to go my own route and get some better upgrades for it.

Again I never said anything bad about M3's, just that Audi has been doing amazing and taking a lot of ex-bmw guys. I was also very close to buying an M3 but couldn't justify spending a 30k premium on a car with RWD and 2 doors. My son was born 11 weeks ago so 2 doors wasn't an option. If it was I would have went with the RS5. Anyway good luck with your next internet argument. I'd hate to be your keyboard. Tough guy.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 81bear
Again, you keep on saying I was running well. This is where we disagree. I feel that I did have one descent run (12.3@113mph) but overall my car was not running well. Even in those conditions with the revised tune and especially the CPS unit I should have been consistently running in the 12.2-12.4 all night long. So to me one descent run does not mean I wasn't running well... Now you, on the other hand, did run well! Your car was consistent in both it's trap and ET and more so it was close to your best times eventhough you had 1300ft DA disadvantage!

Little off topic but did you have any new mods on your car this last trip to the strip? Thought I over heard you said you had a new exhaust?

Anyway, let me know the next time your heading down and we'll make it an event! StasisS4 you should come along too! It's fun, you meet some cool people, and you just have an overall good time runing your car and watching others run theirs!

Cheers Boys!
I was commenting on the conditions which were reasonably good...so that S5 should have been running faster than he was. I said you were running well (because when you first got there, you were), I was running well, the other RS4 was running well, the C63 was running well...everyone was but the S5. So it wasn't the track...it wasn't the heat. No excuse for that car running mid 14s!

Your car ran slightly slower as the night wore on for whatever reason, but again, I'm not talking about your overall results. I was discussing the gross under-performance by the S5, which seems to be an alarming trend...and a quick review of how other known cars there performed revealed conditions and the track were producing decent results.

I don't have anything on my car, 100% stock still. I keep getting called stockimano by some of the guys on the 4.2 forums. I have purchased a JHM full exhaust, but won't install it for a few months . No rush. Just couldn't pass up the deal. I think you would have noticed if I had a JHM full exhaust on my car...definitely would have been a bit louder (and quicker!)
Old 09-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Banned

well you had better ask your room-mate or wife or whomever, because someone posted it using your AZ account. June 30th, 2012. I'm referring to your nearly stock time of 13.2. I'll also add the 12.74. 93 octane fuel?

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...=1#post7735958

2011 S4 DSG
Mods: Awe air filter, everything else stock.
@ Island dragway, 91 degrees, according to accuweather. 500 ft elevation, according to Audis navigation

Last edited by sakimano; 09-03-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by StasisS4
You are such a douche.. First of all I live in Calgary and Northern BC, no where near Toronto. I've never been to a 1/4mile track in my life, and don't really plan on going. Trying to judge you manliness based on times is ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as trying to sound imposing/tough on the internet. If I wanted to have a quick 1/4 mile car I wouldn't have spent 75k (so far) on an S4. My car only has 2500km on it so far so yes it is still precious. I made my user account when I was researching the vehicle, and minutes away from buying a Stasis car from the dealership. I found out they were doing a facelift for 2013 so I waited and ordered a new one instead. After readings thousands of posts I decided to go my own route and get some better upgrades for it.

Again I never said anything bad about M3's, just that Audi has been doing amazing and taking a lot of ex-bmw guys. I was also very close to buying an M3 but couldn't justify spending a 30k premium on a car with RWD and 2 doors. My son was born 11 weeks ago so 2 doors wasn't an option. If it was I would have went with the RS5. Anyway good luck with your next internet argument. I'd hate to be your keyboard. Tough guy.

Worst username choice ever lol. Have a nice day!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

well you had better ask your room-mate or wife or whomever, because someone posted it using your AZ account. June 30th, 2012. I'm referring to your nearly stock time of 13.2. I'll also add the 12.74. 93 octane fuel?

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...=1#post7735958
you aren't understanding what i'm saying. the time i didnt post in that thread was the 12.74. i did post the 13.2 there. but i did post that recently here

Jeez, mad stalking going on here.

And yes - it was 93 octane, a ****ty kind too FWIW
Old 09-04-2012, 06:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

...the C63 was running well...everyone was but the S5. So it wasn't the track...it wasn't the heat. No excuse for that car running mid 14s!
did u miss my post? i think it might be the clutch...

check it out:
http://www.insideline.com/audi/s5/20...term-test.html

But time and mileage took its toll on the performance of our S5, as there was a significant decline in performance registered in our test at the conclusion of the S5's term with us. Under acceleration to 60 mph, the Audi proved 0.6 second slower, while the same margin held to the end of the quarter-mile: 14.1 seconds at 99 mph. Senior Road Test Editor Josh Jacquot lamented, "This clutch is obviously tired. It won't hold power at high rpm for a clutch drop with the stability control off, which prevents a good launch and quicker acceleration numbers."
Old 09-04-2012, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey guys, jeez this thread went badly...

Hopefully everyone had a couple nights sleep since and will reread all the stupid posts and realize this energy is better spent making plans to go to TMP or Thompson.

Prime, as I said before, you'd totally be welcome to stay here if we pick TMP as the venue. But on Friday or Saturday nights, if there's any excuse, I like to go out afterwards so better pack a couple red bulls. Excuses to go out are hard to come by these days.

Maybe in a month, weather will be nicer and we'll get this going full steam. Keep it in mind, I'll be emailing you all, especially if I get the boss's clearance to re-flash the S4...(or not and do it anyway)...

p.s. at 6'5", Saki is not really troll-like, he barely fits in his own car even. It's a lot easier to laugh off his trash-talky-opinions in person...it comes across a lot worse over a keyboard...if you met him, you'd understand.

Last edited by ilspazzaneve; 09-04-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Quick Reply: My Stasis V1 vs V2 logs(With Revo 91 Chaser)