S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

My Stasis V1 vs V2 logs(With Revo 91 Chaser)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You think 1200 feet of altitude offsets a 17 foot/1.3% decline? I bet on the decline. Gravity is a powerful thing when you are in a 4000 lb car.

For perspective, APEXIT did a 60-130 mph pull in his S4 on a 6speedonline eligble decline. He then re-did the test on tsivas' private track at 0% decline. The difference was pretty huge if I recall correctly...like a full second (10.87 vs. nearly 12 seconds or something).
Old 08-29-2012, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sakimano
You think 1200 feet of altitude offsets a 17 foot/1.3% decline? I bet on the decline. Gravity is a powerful thing when you are in a 4000 lb car.

For perspective, APEXIT did a 60-130 mph pull in his S4 on a 6speedonline eligble decline. He then re-did the test on tsivas' private track at 0% decline. The difference was pretty huge if I recall correctly...like a full second (10.87 vs. nearly 12 seconds or something).
Saki, Not sure what else to say... I do realize that the decline helps I'm fairly decent at understanding that... In the end, I am not getting anything for running the times I do so if you don't think they are valid so be it... You can remove them or put an asterik by them on AR... Next time I talk to Arin I'll ask that he note the 1.3% decline on AZ also... I can't control everything, I live in Ohio, by a particular track so it is what it is... Going forward I'll keep my times to myself and just focus on the car and improving on the times it runs... That way no one gets biased information and makes claims based on it... No hard feelings I just don't want to argue about something that I can't control, and it seems you think I am trying to stack the deck so I will just remove myself from the situation and discussion that way there is no controversy.... Thanks and take care, Ron
Old 08-29-2012, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by primetime
Saki, Not sure what else to say... I do realize that the decline helps I'm fairly decent at understanding that... In the end, I am not getting anything for running the times I do so if you don't think they are valid so be it... You can remove them or put an asterik by them on AR... Next time I talk to Arin I'll ask that he note the 1.3% decline on AZ also... I can't control everything, I live in Ohio, by a particular track so it is what it is... Going forward I'll keep my times to myself and just focus on the car and improving on the times it runs... That way no one gets biased information and makes claims based on it... No hard feelings I just don't want to argue about something that I can't control, and it seems you think I am trying to stack the deck so I will just remove myself from the situation and discussion that way there is no controversy.... Thanks and take care, Ron
Ron, please keep posting your results. He is just one guy that has an opinion that isn't representative of the rest of us.

We like seeing the progress of your car.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Banned

primetime, I think that's an over-reaction frankly. You asked that question on the previous page (why are the GIAC and REVO cars not as fast as your fastest quarter mile times), and I gave you an answer...and because you don't like it you're threatening to take your ball and go home? Come on dude.

Nobody said your times are invalid. In fact, I knew this about your track when I added your times on the 1/4 mile list on audirevolution, having already reviewed your pbox files to help Tsivas out (he couldn't understand why pbox said you ran 12.something etc so I checked them over). I didn't put an asterisk. I didn't put a note about the decline. It's just an anomoly about some tracks.

Originally Posted by forza1976
Ron, please keep posting your results. He is just one guy that has an opinion that isn't representative of the rest of us.

We like seeing the progress of your car.
How am I expressing an opinion? Those are all facts. Ron asked why the other tunes aren't delivering quarter mile results as strong as his. I answered with the following. Which of those is an opinion again?

1. no REVO car has had as many mods on their car as your car
2. no REVO car has run pure race gas for an extended phase the way your car has
3. no REVO car has run at the strip by a driver with as much experience as you
4. your dragstrip is 1.3% downhill...that helps time A LOT as tsivas will surely attest (after comparing some flat runs to downhill runs)

Last edited by sakimano; 08-29-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by primetime
Sigh... My bad, don't take it personally that wasn't the intention... It's an IHRA track so it's within spec., which I believe is +- 1.5% It's from my pbox data... Most dragstrips will have a slope... More downhill then uphill... Also, the 60-130 numbers aren't the best measure of the 1/4 since it is 0-116ish

Saki, what was the change for 0-116? what is the slope at tmp?
The 1.3% drop was during the quarter mile. It was 17 feet over 1320 feet. 1.3%.

The 60-130 was also downhill, but I can't remember what it was, mostly because I don't care about 60-130 times.

TMP was 0.6% when I pbox logged it 2 weeks ago. I am going to pbox log 81bear's car tonight on at least one run. Will be interesting to see what it can accomplish.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

primetime, I think that's an over-reaction frankly. You asked that question on the previous page (why are the GIAC and REVO cars not as fast as your fastest quarter mile times), and I gave you an answer...and because you don't like it you're threatening to take your ball and go home? Come on dude.

Nobody said your times are invalid. In fact, I knew this about your track when I added your times on the 1/4 mile list on audirevolution, having already reviewed your pbox files to help Tsivas out (he couldn't understand why pbox said you ran 12.something etc so I checked them over). I didn't put an asterisk. I didn't put a note about the decline. It's just an anomoly about some tracks.

How am I expressing an opinion? Those are all facts. Ron asked why the other tunes aren't delivering quarter mile results as strong as his. I answered with the following. Which of those is an opinion again?

4. your dragstrip is 1.3% downhill...that helps time A LOT as tsivas will surely attest (after comparing some flat runs to downhill runs)
Noted. Bad choice of word. We all now know the details of the track, done!

I would still prefer to have Ron continue to post his data on the site
Old 08-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by forza1976
Noted. Bad choice of word. We all now know the details of the track, done!

I would still prefer to have Ron continue to post his data on the site

oh hell dude, me too. I think it's invaluable. I am constantly badgering him for his data to that end. I also think that there a lot of chest puffing going on by the APR tune fans who point to those times as 'the standard' when in fact they've always been more 'the anomoly' from where I sit, and there's now some pbox data to explain some of that.

Here's a good example of what a flat vs. negative 1.3% slope did on a 60-130 test for a Porsche on rennlist. He found a road that was flat, then tested again on a road that was 1.3% downhill (fitting). That 60-130 run only took about 8 seconds and 1000 feet for the Porsche, and the difference? 0.5 seconds.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...30-a-joke.html

What would the difference be on a much slower car over a longer distance (that porsche is significantly faster than even primetime) ? Who knows.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ron asked why the other tunes aren't delivering quarter mile results as strong as his. I answered with the following. Which of those is an opinion again?

Agree on this. Plus there are so many variables... just look at the 60-130 chart on AZ. Every car responds differently to mods.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TinS5
Agree on this. Plus there are so many variables... just look at the 60-130 chart on AZ. Every car responds differently to mods.
way off topic...was your S5 just plain slow relative to what it 'should have' been? I mean I used to own a B7 S4, and it always felt pretty peppy. When it was barely modded with tune/catback it was running 13.2 @ 106 in the quarter mile. With downpipes thrown in the mix, 12.9 @ 107

I have seen 3 B8 S5s at the dragstrip over the past 6 months and I'll be damned if I've seen ANY of them get out of the 14s. What's with that? Driver mod? They all run mid 14s to (gasp) low 15s.

Don't say carbon...I think carbon buildup has little to no effect on performance. ay what you may about dynos, I can't explain that...in the real world, it's nominal. Last night my 40,000 mile bone stock RS4 that has never been carbon cleaned put about 12 car lengths on an S5 at the strip.

For perspective I also ran 81bear's B8 S4 and he was 12.51 @ 111 while I was 12.89 @ 108. He has just about every mod possible for the B8 S4 (APR S2V2 93, pulley, CPS, strat intake, Milltek, LW Wheels). He went 12.3 @ 113 earlier, so he was running well. My car was running well (bone stock RS4)...a friend's stock Rs4 was running well...but the S5, wow.

Last edited by sakimano; 08-30-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

way off topic...was your S5 just plain slow relative to what it 'should have' been? I mean I used to own a B7 S4, and it always felt pretty peppy. When it was barely modded with tune/catback it was running 13.2 @ 106 in the quarter mile. With downpipes thrown in the mix, 12.9 @ 107

I have seen 3 B8 S5s at the dragstrip over the past 6 months and I'll be damned if I've seen ANY of them get out of the 14s. What's with that? Driver mod? They all run mid 14s to (gasp) low 15s.

Don't say carbon...I think carbon buildup has little to no effect on performance. ay what you may about dynos, I can't explain that...in the real world, it's nominal. Last night my 40,000 mile bone stock RS4 that has never been carbon cleaned put about 12 car lengths on an S5 at the strip.

For perspective I also ran 81bear's B8 S4 and he was 12.51 @ 111 while I was 12.89 @ 108. He has just about every mod possible for the B8 S4 (APR S2V2 93, pulley, CPS, strat intake, Milltek, LW Wheels). He went 12.3 @ 113 earlier, so he was running well. My car was running well (bone stock RS4)...a friend's stock Rs4 was running well...but the S5, wow.
Sak, to be fair, I had one decent run which happened to be my very first pass. I think we can both agree that other than the 12.3 @113.6mph the rest of my runs, including the one we did heads up, weren't great. I think I know what the problem was, a bit of air may have been in the CPS unit which was bumping the IAT's up and freaking out the ECU to pull timing but I can't say for sure. Hell I was down 2.5mph between my fist run and the one we did heads up and even I can't f**kup a run that bad! lol! Oh wait, was our run the one I let up on toward the end...

I do agree though I haven't seen a S5 run sub 14 seconds in the 1/4 mile but hey maybe they have air in their CPS unit as well...

Quick Reply: My Stasis V1 vs V2 logs(With Revo 91 Chaser)