S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

New here..

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here..

Hey all,
Just wanted to introduce myself. Been a lurker on this board for a couple years now, and finally feel brave enough to bring out the ol' flamesuit and deal with anyone who chooses to judge me before getting to know me. Not implying anyone or any majority of members or individuals do or have done this, but in my past experience of the online world it's ruined by one stupid group of individuals; e-thugs talking the talk, but not walking the walk.

Anyways, I am from a variety of places, living for college in Boston, went to high school in Florida, and grew up in Kentucky. Still a redneck at heart, but I unlike other people take it as a compliment. I love Audis, have come from the B6 S4 w/full Milltek, downpipes and back w/Stratmosphere intake, to the B7 RS4 w/Milltek catback, to the new love of my life; my B8 S4. And I haven't even chipped it yet. Those are the Audis....

Just wanted to say hello, and look forward to learning more about these great pieces of automotive engineering as well as chiming in on the tidbits I know about the other automobiles I love: American.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 10-22-2010, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Don't get many rednecks with a passion for Audi's...welcome aboard!
Old 10-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

As someone from the south, I would argue that there is a difference between being country/southern and being redneck. Being from the south, liking country music, trucks, muscle cars, having an accent, loving college football and southern woman doesn't make you a redneck. I would even argue, a redneck would never drive an Audi.

Welcome to Audiworld.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Tell us about your new love... Color, tranny, options.....
Old 10-22-2010, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSurgery
As someone from the south, I would argue that there is a difference between being country/southern and being redneck. Being from the south, liking country music, trucks, muscle cars, having an accent, loving college football and southern woman doesn't make you a redneck. I would even argue, a redneck would never drive an Audi.

Welcome to Audiworld.
True, most people after meeting me would never guess I was born in Opelika and lived for the first several years of my life in a house less than 4 miles from APR.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I must not be a redneck then as I have never owned an american car.

Bruce
Old 10-23-2010, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

i welcome another fellow redneck(i prefer to call us southern gentlemen) to our audi forum. spent the first 38 years of my life in kentucky. your audi list and mine are very similar - 2003 a6 2.7t, 2004 b6 s4 with full non res miltek and strat intake, 2007 b7 rs4, then now my 2010 b8s4 with stasis touring exhaust and suspension(ecu soon). enjoy the forum, there are many very knowledgeable and helpful people on here.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Welcome h82bslow!

Got an modification plans? How about some pics of that RS4 you had? Better yet how about some audio of the Milltek from the RS4?
Old 10-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

DIdn't mean to imply you have to own an American car to be redneck, or vice versa, or anything of the sort. I was more trying to make a joke, in jest and good humor.

As far as any pics or vids of the previous rides, I will look into my old computer and see if I can dig any of them up. I can certainly link in some videos of myself and my twin brother driving our non-Audi cars, if anyone is interested. But in my opinion, Milltek made the best performing and best sounding exhaust on the market for Audis hands down. Again, just my .02 cents. I received more compliments on the sounds of my previous Audis (the B6 S4 and B7 RS4) than any other car I've ever owned. Not to mention the craftmanship on their systems was great and installation was simple enough (did it myself).

My ride is the most simple, non-optioned B8 S4 you'll come across, but don't think it's not good looking, hah. Meteor Grey with black/red Nappa leather and carbon fiber inserts. 6MT, and an SCCA license and Skip Barber Racing license to boot. This car is fast and smooth, and smooth is fast...

As far as modifications, I am heavily considering the APR tune with a Stratmosphere Intake. No exhaust plans really, just because it's a V6 and I enjoy flying under the radar.