S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Presige vs. Loaded PP

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a P+ but ended up going with a Prestige because they had one in stock. I really like the advanced key system. It's great never having to take the key out your pocket. Not an essential of course but it's a fun option you get to enjoy every day.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Advanced key is not necessity until you get it. Now don't know how I lived without it. Never have to take your key out of pocket...ever! Door unlocked when it senses key within about 2 feet. Then foot on brake and press button to start engine -all the while with key in one of my coat pockets. After arrive at destination, press start engine button to shut down, close door and press small button next to outside door handle to lock! Ingenious! Only question, does key charge while inserted? If yes, then it certainly run out of batteries soon this way.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mjc_123
Advanced key is not necessity until you get it. Now don't know how I lived without it. Never have to take your key out of pocket...ever! Door unlocked when it senses key within about 2 feet. Then foot on brake and press button to start engine -all the while with key in one of my coat pockets. After arrive at destination, press start engine button to shut down, close door and press small button next to outside door handle to lock! Ingenious! Only question, does key charge while inserted? If yes, then it certainly run out of batteries soon this way.
I don't want to ever know what it's like to have an advanced key. I'm perfectly fine with opening the door myself and inserting the key.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 248 Likes on 184 Posts

The advanced key was my major reason for NOT getting a prestige model. I prefer to control lock and unlock entry on my own. I am fine with putting the key in the ignition. I do miss the memory seats, ADS (opt) & rear window shade (opt) though.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by m444
The advanced key was my major reason for NOT getting a prestige model. I prefer to control lock and unlock entry on my own..
not sure what you mean by that---with Advanced key, you still control locking and unlocking. It's not an active system where the car automatically locks or unlocks based on proximity alone. You still have to touch the button on the door to lock the car (vs. touching the button on the fob), or put your hand inside the door handle to unlock (vs. pushing a button on the fob)... it's just the convenience of not having to take the key out of your pocket.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 248 Likes on 184 Posts

I find taking my key out of the pocket is not too difficult and do not see any value in the advanced key. I prefer to take the bulky key out of my pocket (which is more comfortable in the seats). The advanced key RF transponder must be activated anytime one is near the vehicle for this to operate. It is just another wireless item running in the background. I prefer having some control of when the RF handshake occurs.

I rented a Nissan some time back with the advanced key, which turned out to be an annoyance & not a bennefit.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

never questioned your assigned value of the option--just commenting that you still have control with or without the AK.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i went prestige, it is most definatly worth it to me to never have to take my key out of my pocket, have the mirrors tilt in reverse, and when someone else gets in shotgun with me ()i can click 1 which slides it all the way back and makes it recline fully
Old 01-11-2011, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by m444
The advanced key was my major reason for NOT getting a prestige model. I prefer to control lock and unlock entry on my own. I am fine with putting the key in the ignition. I do miss the memory seats, ADS (opt) & rear window shade (opt) though.
+1, the only thing from the Prestige package that Audi should have included in the P+ is the memory seats. At least, even as an option.

Regarding the advanced key... not sure about Audi but I know somebody who drove 15 miles in another car without the key (after dropping off the owner who kept the key in her purse) when the car just stopped in the middle of the freeway because the key wasn't detected... And I've also driven off without the key a few times (but managed to get back to pick up the key before the car stopped).
Old 01-11-2011, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

I got prestige mostly because of the memory seat. If P+ had memory seat, i would not consider prestige. It's kind of expensive but I hate having to adjust my seats especially I won't be the only one driving the car. I guess the advance key and dimming mirror is just a plus. Wish there was a memory seat option.

Quick Reply: Presige vs. Loaded PP