S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Presige vs. Loaded PP

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
Well thats actually the problem. The remote fob tends to remain in your pocket. I guess it all depends on what your habits are but I gave up long ago on leaving any car remote FOB in my pocket. IMO, its a bad habit because these things tend to end up in wash machines, the cleaners and in places where you cant find your key FOB when you need it. Right now i have 2 carS with passive key remotes. On 2 occasions I had them replaced the FOB because it ended up in place which no longer made it functionable. So now, when I get in my car, I try to remember to put the remote in the center console. These days, I dont have many keys. My house door and gargae door are keypad locks. My door to my office office building is a keypbad lock. The only actual key is to my 2001 corvette. So when I leave the house, I tend to have just one key or 1 key FOB. I guess that's why its so easy for me to just forget that its in my pocket. BTW, I have the same robe with cash. I am finding $5 and $10 bills in the wash machine all the time That why I mostly use plastic

What I do, and this may not work for everyone's style/dress code, is I have a carbon fiber carabiner (super light) clipped to the front-right belt loop of my pants, and I attach my keys to it. Most pants have a front pocket that is close enough to a belt loop to tuck the keys into that pocket so that they don't move around while you're walking.

Again, I wear Jeans probably 98% of the time, so I can get away with it. I don't know how well it would work with more formal attire.