S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Sprintblue with back/white alcantara-good?bad?ugly?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sprintblue with back/white alcantara-good?bad?ugly?

Have been looking and test driving for a while (even a 6-speed in Portland last week) and want a sprint blue and much prefer the lighter alcantara interior instead of all black BUT-does it LOOK well together?
I was really pleased with the 6-speed which is what I would be getting, and I have taken and passed (but barely) the Audi world financial advisory rating system so it would seem that I cmight be able to afford it.
So- any thoughts about the colors would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-12-2011, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by walla2
Have been looking and test driving for a while (even a 6-speed in Portland last week) and want a sprint blue and much prefer the lighter alcantara interior instead of all black BUT-does it LOOK well together?
I was really pleased with the 6-speed which is what I would be getting, and I have taken and passed (but barely) the Audi world financial advisory rating system so it would seem that I cmight be able to afford it.
So- any thoughts about the colors would be appreciated. Thanks
I think that a sprint blue with black/silver alcantara is a beautiful thing, but that's subjective. I find it hard for black/silver alcantara to not look good all the time.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Fantastic color combo. Someone several months ago had one on this forum and it looked great.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think it would look great.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've only seen this colour match in black/white leather and it looks really well but what you are after might be very difficult to keep looking it's best, anyone I have spoke to say Alcantara gets dirt very easily in the white.

Worth considering and asking others before making the jump.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

I'd go with black and pass on the Panda interior.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

It may not be an S4, but I have a Sprint Blue S5 with the Black/Silver Alcantara seats. I chose them for the same reason: an all black interior looked too dark.

Pics posted at: http://picasaweb.google.com/questionlp/2011AudiS5

I wouldn't change the interior if I had to do it all over again.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by questionlp
It may not be an S4, but I have a Sprint Blue S5 with the Black/Silver Alcantara seats. I chose them for the same reason: an all black interior looked too dark.

Pics posted at: http://picasaweb.google.com/questionlp/2011AudiS5

I wouldn't change the interior if I had to do it all over again.
Do you have any problems keeping them clean, I heard wearing jeans are a real problem.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gear Junky
Do you have any problems keeping them clean, I heard wearing jeans are a real problem.
I don't have a real problem keeping it clean, as a damp microfiber cloth takes care of the usual stuff. I don't wear jeans and rarely have passengers with me, so I can't really speak on that.

Granted, others have reported issues with jeans and stains, but I don't know if there is a viable remedy or cleaning regiment others have tried.

I can't remember the seat options for the S4, but an option would be to pay for the light-colored Nappa Leather seats. They don't provide the same grip as the Alcantara inserts provide, which can be a touch annoying, but it would provide a good amount of contrast to the primarily dark interior.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gear Junky
I think if you wear raw denim jeans then you will have a problem with the blue transferring on to the seat. It happens all the time, even smooth leather. Raw denim will transfer to sneakers, messenger bags as they rub against jeans, etc.

Quick Reply: Sprintblue with back/white alcantara-good?bad?ugly?