S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Stealership just sold my S4 out from under

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stealership just sold my S4 out from under

me!!! Of course I have no way of proving it.

SA and I had verbal and email agreement on price. I asked him specifically while traveling last week if I could wait until I was home to get him a check for the DP. He said no problem. I said "you're not going to sell this car out from under me" and he said "No, I will pull the tags and make sure that doesn't happen" meanwhile he ran my credit app because I wanted to use Audi's free(almost) money. We emailed back and forth several times while I was traveling. His email skills are terrible at best and non-existent at worst. He shouts with all caps, no punctuation, and doesn't return them in a timely fashion, if he returns them at all. So I leave a 5K deposit on my CC yesterday and tell him check is in the mail last night. He says "great, tomorrow is my day off and we will expedite paperwork on Thursday" I agree. An hour later I get an email saying car was sold to someone else and he will see if he can find me another on Thurs. WTF!!

I have a call into the GM. I optimistically await his response of our conversation "let me look into it, I will call you later"

what a bunch of BS. The SA never asked for a deposit, never called or emailed to say that they needed $ to hold the car. Of course I would have put a deposit down had they asked. I took them at face value. mistake # 1

Arrrrrgggghhhhhh last QG S4 in NA with options I wanted.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

U might want to bring this to Audi of America's attention. This pretty ridiculous - what dealership were you working with?
Old 05-18-2011, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Audi of America will be

hearing from me.

I wanted to wait a day and give the GM an opportunity to make it right as he indicated he would "get to the bottom of this and call me back today"

Time is ticking and no phone call after 6 hours...
Old 05-18-2011, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Another salesman prolly sold it while your saleman had the day off
Old 05-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ryan_qttro
Another salesman prolly sold it while your saleman had the day off
Ya, I think this is exactly what happened. It happened to me with a different car manufacturer too.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

No, it was sold while he was in the store.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They fvcked up. Unless they make it right. And that would mean a big discount, I would definitely get AoA involved. Also if they don't do right by you, I can't see how you continue to deal with them . Go elsewhere. OR get them to order you a 2012 QG and have them eat the paint upgrade cost. Good luck with that!
Old 05-18-2011, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Or get a better free color upgrade like Sprint Blue or Sepang Blue..

Bruce
Old 05-18-2011, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My local dealer has like 10 S4's on their lot...
Old 05-18-2011, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well the GM promised me he would "let me look into it, I will call you later" and of course I didn't hear back from him. Surprise surprise. How some people stay in business never ceases to amaze me.

I will contact AOA tomorrow. Not sure it will get me anywhere. I am a repeat Audi buyer so who knows. Maybe they will listen to the little guy

I have a contact at another dealer that when told this story has offered to do everything he can to get me the car I want or order me a 2012 at a good price. Communication with him has been straightforward and professional. A breath of fresh air compared to the jokers over at...

Quick Reply: Stealership just sold my S4 out from under