S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Stealership just sold my S4 out from under

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Muray
My local dealer has like 10 S4's on their lot...
My local dealer has one B8 S4. Deep Sea Blue P+, 6MT, sport diff, nav, B&O.

Bruce
Old 05-18-2011, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you've found a much better dealer to work with. Your time is money, and the first dealer is wasting your time. I say cut your losses, vote with your feet, and take your business to the new dealer, even if the first comes back to "make it right." They're no doubt only going to disappoint you again.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rktskicar
Or get a better free color upgrade like Sprint Blue or Sepang Blue..

Bruce

Oh god, this!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
They fvcked up. Unless they make it right. And that would mean a big discount, I would definitely get AoA involved. Also if they don't do right by you, I can't see how you continue to deal with them . Go elsewhere. OR get them to order you a 2012 QG and have them eat the paint upgrade cost. Good luck with that!

dolphin grey!!!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just curious... if it was the exact car you wanted and you were planning to buy it, why didn't you get a bill of sale right away? (and drop your deposit?)
Old 05-19-2011, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've actually spoken to the OP about what transpired with his dealer that screwed him over on the car. Unfortunately the dealer has bad ethics to do what they did to him.

By the law and AOA's dealer agreement and rules, the original dealer didn't do anything wrong, ethics wise they are a bunch of A-holes because they didn't keep their word with the OP. To me thats a real douche move.

As far as any free color upgrade or giving away anything to the OP, thats most likely not going to happen because nobody violated a written contract. The dealer should be held accountable by Audi, but Audi most likely will do nothing of the sort to compensate.

Jon good luck with your search and let me know if I can do anything to help.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S5nirvana
Just curious... if it was the exact car you wanted and you were planning to buy it, why didn't you get a bill of sale right away? (and drop your deposit?)
That is a fair question. I was traveling on the day we agreed upon price and was on the road thru Monday of the next week. On Tuesday we had a phone conversation about how i was going to pay and at that time I said I want to see what AFS had to offer. I asked him if he needed anything from me and he said no. I then asked if another salesman would be able to sell the car out from under me to which he replied"No Jon, its your car I will pull the tags and make sure that doesn't happen" or something to that effect. I took him at his word.I found out Audi had free $ available and wanted to see if I was approved for credit at the best rate. Since I didn't have terms yet as to how I was going to pay for it, I could not ask for a purchase agreement as these boxes need to be filled in. A few days later when I was approved and had figured out the amount down and financing the rest, I emailed him and asked for a sales agreement, the cars invoice etc.

What can I say? I took him at face value and thought a verbal handshake was enough. He seemed like a straight up guy on the phone the couple times I talked to him. I have never bought a car this way(across state lines) and took a salesmans word. He told me he had been selling cars for 30+ years at the same dealer and he did business the old fashioned way. Obviously not the case.

Lesson learned!

Last edited by Jonnyz1245; 05-19-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jonnyz1245
he did business the old fashioned way.

He did business the old fashioned way.

Like a old fashioned cadillac snake salesperson LOL

I don't know how dealers allow people like this to work at their stores. Its a shame. If I ever did anything like this, I'd be fired...... And i'd expect to be fired for treating anyone like that. Not that I would, but I'm just saying.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jonnyz1245
That is a fair question. I was traveling on the day we agreed upon price and was on the road thru Monday of the next week. On Tuesday we had a phone conversation about how i was going to pay and at that time I said I want to see what AFS had to offer. I asked him if he needed anything from me and he said no. I then asked if another salesman would be able to sell the car out from under me to which he replied"No Jon, its your car I will pull the tags and make sure that doesn't happen" or something to that effect. I took him at his word.I found out Audi had free $ available and wanted to see if I was approved for credit at the best rate. Since I didn't have terms yet as to how I was going to pay for it, I could not ask for a purchase agreement as these boxes need to be filled in. A few days later when I was approved and had figured out the amount down and financing the rest, I emailed him and asked for a sales agreement, the cars invoice etc.

What can I say? I took him at face value and thought a verbal handshake was enough. He seemed like a straight up guy on the phone the couple times I talked to him. I have never bought a car this way(across state lines) and took a salesmans word. He told me he had been selling cars for 30+ years at the same dealer and he did business the old fashioned way. Obviously not the case.

Lesson learned!
Sorry to hear you lost the car.... Just FYI, I have purchased a few cars in the past where I have faxed paperwork back and forth to get a bill of sale. In the comments section, you can write in that financing TBD (and customer is eligible for current rates) or something to that effect.

Good luck on your search - this might be a blessing in disguise if you can wait for a 2012.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the heads up on the paperwork. Had I not been so relaxed about the sale and trusting, I would have been more on top of it. I was out east for over a week and the tail end was hanging with my boys for a long weekend at a 45th B-day party and was in a really relaxed, good mood. last thing on my mind was running around doing paperwork etc. It felt like the deal was flowing and easy. As I said, lesson learned. Next time I will put a deposit down.

Quick Reply: Stealership just sold my S4 out from under