S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Stupid Mustang 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by zerinS4
Manufacturers leave cars with me for a week at a time to test...i've had plenty of seat time in all of them

Where do you test?

I notice you are in texas. What a part? I use to visit there a few times a year (carolton, Dallas, San antone)
Old 12-09-2010, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Houston... so we test in Austin, Houston, MSR Houston, Texas World Speedway, Hennessey Performance Engineering...anywhere we can get some track time

Also work with a few guys up north who test at VIR, Monticello and a lot of the vehicle launches we attend are at Infineon in Cali.

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
Where do you test?

I notice you are in texas. What a part? I use to visit there a few times a year (carolton, Dallas, San antone)
Old 12-09-2010, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manufacturers leave cars with me for a week at a time to test...i've had plenty of seat time in all of them
jealous . . .
Old 12-09-2010, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take the good with the bad... was in a Dodge 2500HD truck week before, Jetta this week, and swapping out for a Chevy Cruze today... it's not all fun cars But a few times a year...some fun stuff...

Even took the LP560-4 grocery shopping :P

Originally Posted by clochner
jealous . . .
Old 12-09-2010, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Awesome pics - that R8 is gorgeous!
Old 12-09-2010, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

What do you need to do in order to get manufacturers to drop off cars for you to test for a week?
Old 12-09-2010, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 263 Likes on 194 Posts

mark_nimda,

The 2011 Mustang 5.0 is a new performance level for the track. Check out this video comparison around the track. The first short part starts at the drag strip, but most of the video is driving around the track. For the non-expert driver, the Mustang was faster around the track than the M3 & almost as fast as the M3 for the professional driver.

The new 2011 Mustang GT can drive almost as fast around the track, for much cheaper. http://www.motortrend.com/av/roadtes...deo/index.html

I still bought a S4. The AWD of Audi is nice, since there is generally very little issue with traction control kicking in or burning rubber on acceleration. The S-tronic, supercharger and superior gas mileage with subtle styling, four doors make the S4 the better car for me.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Houston... so we test in Austin, Houston, MSR Houston, Texas World Speedway, Hennessey Performance Engineering...anywhere we can get some track time

Also work with a few guys up north who test at VIR, Monticello and a lot of the vehicle launches we attend are at Infineon in Cali.
Very Nice. Was on the Texas Speedway track a few years ago

BTW, Dont mention the name "Hennesey". I am surprised John is still walking for all the money he stole from modding customer vipers and vettes (assuming you know his history). People will never forget
Old 12-09-2010, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well, I drove a Mustang for 11 years (150 hp 4 speed v6 automatic-punishment-and poor fuel economy to boot!) so there's no way I am going in another Mustang ever again, no matter how fast it is. I like the S4's combination of speed, all-weather performance, prestige, practicality, technology, and style. If we all really only cared about performance, we'd all get a Mustang and mod it and for the price of an S4 we would be able to beat anything. Cars, like everything in life, is about compromises, and I think most people would agree an S4 is a great compromise. And really, isn't driver's ability as important as a vehicle's performance on track? I am sure I in a race car will be beaten by a professional race car driver in a hot street car on a track. I am sure a good driver in an S4 will be able to beat a novice driver in a new Mustang. Unless you get the notive in a computerized car that anyone can drive hard, like a new 911 turbo or a GT-R. But where would fun be in driving a car that's so easy to drive that anyone can jump in one and be just as fast everyone else? Might as play Gran Turismo 5. I hear there's no S4 in the new GT5. Coincidence?
Old 12-09-2010, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mark_nimda

I test drive cars constantly (just drove the C63 AMG last weekend) so i will get into a stang when I get a chance.
How was the C63? Would you recommend one over S4? I mean, besides the obvious horsepower advantage? I hear it doesn't put the power down so easily.

Quick Reply: Stupid Mustang 5.0