S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

West Coast Audis going to Port of Houston

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by primetime
What other BS fees did they add? Your paying $825 for destination charge, you shouldn't be charged anymore... pure dealer greed and profit.
I think he meant being charged on top of the $825...
Old 04-20-2010, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by big windy
Gents,

I thought I'd start a new thread on this, because the topic came up yesterday in another thread somewhere and this might promote some discussion. I know that a few of us are waiting on our S4s and were not sure where they'd be entering the US if they were bound for the West Coast.

I just spoke with Audi Customer Relations and got a little more information about what's going on with the west coast ports of entry. According to the representative, they are not using San Diego anymore...they are using Houston. All cars headed to the West Coast of the United States will ship to Houston, and will be either railed or trucked depending on final location. She did not know how long this has been going on, but said she thought it was a recent change due to cost analysis (its faster and cheaper to get to Houston and use truck/rail instead of taking the boat all the way to San Diego).

They told me that my car left Germany yesterday (19 April), and will arrive to Houston on 10 May and will be railed to Seattle in order to arrive to the dealer NLT 17 May. That's pretty FAST! Only 21 days on the boat, and then 7 days to get it offloaded and railed to the Northwest. I know that Audi is usually a bit conservative on dates, so I'm hoping it might even be a couple days earlier.

I should add that I was disappointed that they could not tell me which boat my car is on. I thought that they'd know this information...anyone have suggestions?

If you are expecting a car on the west coast, give Audi Customer Relations a call at 1-800-822-2834 and select option 4. Ask the representative where your car is headed.
Do you know the name of the boat where your car is in ?
Mine left Germany on April 17 from Emden and now underway to port of Cristobal Panama Canal for a final destination to San Diego on May 12
I did European Delivery though ,maybe different route, but why .
Old 05-12-2010, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Who said Audi use the port of Houston and truck the car to the west .
I took this picture today from the port of San Diego .
all of the car with cover are Audi .
They were unloading the Dorado Leader .
Name:  Dorado Leader.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  32.3 KB
Old 05-12-2010, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

I know that the SA's in Seattle that i have talked to have stated that our cars are going through Houston and are now being railed since the trucked cars have been getting too much damage lately. Only the R8's have been getting trucked inside a trailer. The rest have been on a normal trailer that is exposed.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From Portland, OR north, they use rail or semi from port of Houston, if you are in Cali, you get to wait an extra 2-3 weeks for the shipto arrive in SD via the Panama canal. Check my "December Arrivals" thread from last year for very detailed info on shipping, ports of arrival, and time estimates.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My car came through port of San Diego on May 3. The window sticker confirms the destination port. I see lots of VW and Audi on car carriers on the 15 freeway.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Anyone have experience with the timing of Chicago deliveries? I'm placing my order on Saturday.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most every place in the US is the same within a week or so. Expect 3 months from the time you place it assuming that production has resumed for MY 11 cars, and they are not going to be holding them for later release due to early arrivals and the FY 11's are not "due" to dealer yet.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by m444
Interesting, Honda just inked a deal to send cars into the Port of Richmond, CA and the port of Richmond, CA is trying to entice Toyota. I think the Port of Benicia, CA was a incoming port for Toyota at one time.
Wouldn't it be logical that German cars are carried through Atlantic and Japanese through Pacific?
Old 05-14-2010, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just got a call...my car has arrived to the dealer in Seattle. It arrived to the port of houston on Monday, so that was 4-5 days in transit. Pretty good...

Unfortunately, they don't have a tech to do the PDI over the weekend, and I go out of town again on Monday morning through next Saturday! So I have to wait until next Sunday to take delivery!!!!!

Quick Reply: West Coast Audis going to Port of Houston