S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Anyone get ventilated seats?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Wouldn't getting tint on all windows including the front in that clear ceramic cut down on how hot things get in the cabin thus the seats would be cooler as well even if black?
Old 05-16-2017, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heymoe
Wouldn't getting tint on all windows including the front in that clear ceramic cut down on how hot things get in the cabin thus the seats would be cooler as well even if black?
On my 2013, a year in put Crystalline on the four windows and back glass. Made a difference of my seat belt not scolding me when I buckled up in the car in the summer months.

I wish I put a film on my windshield. For some odd reason, my S4 heated up the interior faster than any car I owned. I had an Ibis White with black full leather interior. Dash would radiate heat the entire drive home after hanging out in the parking lot for a few hours.

My replacement [that will be replaced], 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, they must have treated the black bits on the dash and doors with heat treatment, they don't warm up as bad as the Audi's dash and the front windows are tint free.

I use my vented seats all the time and can't do without ha!

-GTSX
Old 05-16-2017, 07:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I picked up my S4 on Saturday, I got the ventilated seats and already used them after playing basketball the other day. I haven't regretted it yet .
Old 05-16-2017, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jrw1
I also live in Houston and can relate! If you have a moment, perhaps you can send a private email to me with a list of the good roads, as I have not found many!
3090 from Navasota NE towards Carlos, 390 from William Penn to Burton (off 290) and near Richmond 762 south from 59....and be sure to do the "power plant" road that turns left right across from the George observatory. These are just a few. And stay the heck out of my way 😉
Old 05-16-2017, 12:24 PM
aj6
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GTSX
I wish I put a film on my windshield.
I had ceramic all around on my A3, and while the heat rejection was awesome, I couldn't wear polarized glasses without a lot of distortion through the windshield, and even without sunglasses you will always be able to slightly tell it's not just glass you're looking through. Never really bothered me that much, but I'm unsure whether I'll do front film on the S4 yet.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmp151
I picked up my S4 on Saturday, I got the ventilated seats and already used them after playing basketball the other day. I haven't regretted it yet .
Can you post a picture of what they look like?

Cheers!
Old 05-19-2017, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

I actually like the look/feel of the ventilated seats over the sport seats. Never have been a fan of the diamond/quilt stitching and I like a moveable head rest.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just picked up my S4 on Saturday. Here are some pics of the ventilated seats. Yes you can have the heated and vented seats on at the same time. The door trim is "leather". Also, they seem to pull air than push. Worth the wait.

Controls

Driver View

Rear Seat

Closer Front Seat View
Old 06-19-2017, 05:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was, until I see it in person. Firstly, you can only get it in black, which is fine by me. Second, it eliminate the 12-way adjustment, seat message and the possiblity to get Nappa leather, which is a no-no for me. I tried it, it doesn't hold me in that well as the normal one in the S4.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

I ordered mine with ventilated seats simply because they hurt my back (post injury) far less than the normal seats. FAR less. I'm miffed that they come only in black (while they come in light grey on the A4 as well... go figure) but such is life.

Quick Reply: Anyone get ventilated seats?