S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Audi pre sense: currently limited

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi pre sense: currently limited

Hi Everyone. I have a 2018 S4. This morning while on my daily normal commute on the highway all of a sudden I got an error message on my dashboard indicating "Audi pre sense: currently limited. See owner's manual". That message stayed on the entire commute.
Any ideas what could have caused this? Any suggestions what to do now?

Sorry I cant seem to figure out how to shrink the image size for this forum.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Suggest doing what it says and follow the manual (page 125). Could be any number of internal failures, like the ESC. Take in to dealer.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had this exact same issue, and it seemingly wouldn't go away, and would reappear for a week or so after it first happened.

I was told to make sure all the sensors in the bumpers were clear and not "clogged or coated" with debris, like a big bug splat or the like - but that didn't help.

When I took it to the dealership, they couldn't find an issue with it. Which made me really uneasy.....

But all that was needed, was to cycle the "P" button, to "reset" the pre-sense and parking sensors, which I never thought to do.
I have no real explanation for the what's or the why's, but the malady has never returned.

Try cycling through the "P" functions and back up camera, and then power cycle the car.
If you want to be diligent, you can try resetting the MMI by pushing both NAV and MEDIA toggles forward at the same time, while pressing the center of the MMI ****, and holding for about 3 seconds.
That will restart and reset your MMI.

good luck.

gr

Last edited by ghostrider990; 04-18-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. I am a bit confused. What do you mean by "cycle the "P" button, to "reset" the pre-sense" and how do I do that?

Next time I started the car it went away. But I rather have the knowledge on what to do if it occurs again.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ghostrider990
I had this exact same issue, and it seemingly wouldn't go away, and would reappear for a week or so after it first happened.

I was told to make sure all the sensors in the bumpers were clear and not "clogged or coated" with debris, like a big bug splat or the like - but that didn't help.

When I took it to the dealership, they couldn't find an issue with it. Which made me really uneasy.....

But all that was needed, was to cycle the "P" button, to "reset" the pre-sense and parking sensors, which I never thought to do.
I have no real explanation for the what's or the why's, but the malady has never returned.

Try cycling through the "P" functions and back up camera, and then power cycle the car.
If you want to be diligent, you can try resetting the MMI by pushing both NAV and MEDIA toggles forward at the same time, while pressing the center of the MMI ****, and holding for about 3 seconds.
That will restart and reset your MMI.

good luck.

gr
Thanks for the reply. I am a bit confused. What do you mean by "cycle the "P" button, to "reset" the pre-sense" and how do I do that?

Next time I started the car it went away. But I rather have the knowledge on what to do if it occurs again.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

remember, the owner's manual is always your friend. ;-)

But the short explanation is that button is located on the row of buttons below the HVAC panel. The button is labeled with a big "P" and means parking, but it's used primarily to
toggle between the Rear Backup camera and the MMI display.

You can also go into the Service and Maintenance menu to turn the parking sensors and pre-sense functions on and off, which is what I meant by "cycling" the P button.

As you discovered, sometimes simply power the car off will clear whatever caused the fault.

Don't make it any harder than it needs to be.

gr